Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WiFi gets slow, turning airplane mode on and back off temporarily fixes it

After a half hour or so of semi-continuous use, my iPad seems to stop loading data over WiFi. The ‘network activity’ icon in the upper right will spin, but nothing loads. Doesn’t seem to matter what application I’m using. I can switch to other applications that don’t use network data and the iPad is responsive.

Turning airplane mode on for ~30s seems to temporarily fix it. So does switching to cellular data.

I have this problem on my home network and on public networks. I don’t have the same issues with a work PC. I get good throughout on the iPad as reported by fast.com.

I’ve tried resetting network settings on the iPad. I normally use Google DNS, but have also tried OpenDNS and my ISP’s servers. I’ve also tried clearing safari’s cache and killing all other open apps. I’m running iOS 12.3.1.

Anyone else seen this? (& more important, have you found a persistent fix?)

iPad Pro 9.7-inch WiFi, Cellular

Posted on Aug 12, 2019 6:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2019 6:48 PM

Hello,

Let’s try restarting your modem and router. Unplug the power lead from your modem and router. Your modem and router may be housed in the same device. Wait about 1 minute then plug your modem/router back into power.

Similar questions

2 replies

WiFi gets slow, turning airplane mode on and back off temporarily fixes it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.