Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Vistaprint Email won't recognize user name at setup

Running a Macbook Pro with OS 10.11.6 and Mac Mail 9.3. Have had a Vistprint IMAP email account running fine on this forever. Suddenly in Early August it stopped sending emails from this account (didn't recognize password or user name). Neither was changed. Was still receiving email fine. Same account running fine on both iphone and iPad. Tried deleting the account completley and now when trying to "add a new account" it will not recognize the user name (email address) and password, which I know work on iphone and iPad. Almost like something in the Mac is preventing or blocking communication with Vistaprint server. Any advice?

Mac Pro

Posted on Aug 13, 2019 8:34 AM

Similar questions

15 replies

Aug 14, 2019 6:24 AM in response to marshvegas1

Hey, marshvegas1.

I see that you're unable to send emails using the Mail application on your MacBook Pro. Just one account specifically, and it works fine on your iOS devices. Good job on the troubleshooting you've tried, and I'm glad to help.

If you can’t send or receive email on your Mac -- This article provides the information and steps that you need when you can't send emails from your Mac. Since you also can't sign back into your email account, try the provider's website to see if you're able to sign in there.

Let me know how that goes, and take care!

Aug 14, 2019 7:29 AM in response to marshvegas1

It may be that the email provider has made changes in the way they manage things.

Look at their web site and write down the settings they recommend. One frequent stumbling block is the use of specific non-standard site-names for IMAP servers. Another is the use of the Entire address: Test@VistaPrint.com rather that just 'Test' account name.

When you connection does not go through on the first try, all Mail knows is that the connection was refused. Ignore its assumption that this was caused by bad password, and fill in the rest of the Information on the form proffered.

Aug 14, 2019 6:48 AM in response to chris_g1

Chris, Thanks very much for your reply. I have seen the article you referenced and went through it again to no avail. Here is another interesting nugget, Even though the account has been deleted from my Mac, I am still RECEIVING Emails on the account?? IF I go direct to the Vistaprint web client, I can see all my emails and log in no problem, same for my iPhone and iPad... sending and receiving is no problem on all other devices. Almost seems like this email account is "hiding" on my Mac and has bad information on it. The account does not show up in any of the traditional places (i.e. mail>preferences>accounts, etc.) Again, appreciate your help and insight!

Aug 14, 2019 8:27 AM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

That is what is baffeling about this. The exact same account information works on my other devices, so I know it is correct. Or, it would not work there. The fact that the mail account does not even exist on my Mac, yet is still receiving email from this account makes no sense to me. How can an unconfigured email account receive emails. Could there be some interplay with iCloud going on here?

Aug 14, 2019 8:36 AM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

My original thread.....Running a Macbook Pro with OS 10.11.6 and Mac Mail 9.3. Have had a Vistprint IMAP email account running fine on this forever. Suddenly in Early August it stopped sending emails from this account (didn't recognize password or user name). Neither was changed. Was still receiving email fine. Just can't send. Same account running fine on both iphone and iPad so I know info is correct. Tried deleting the account completley from Mac and now, when trying to "add a new account" it will not recognize the user name (email address) and password, which I know work on iphone and iPad. Almost like something in the Mac is preventing or blocking communication with Vistaprint server. Further to this, now that the account is deleted and does not exist in all the obvious places, I still receive email on this account!

Aug 14, 2019 12:30 PM in response to marshvegas1

OK, then the setup for that account (or half of it) still exists, even if it is not showing up. try this:

Mail > Window > Connection Doctor ...

... servers for sending and receiving Servers are listed separately, and the connection status for each is shown. If one is still showing there for Vistaprint, click on it to examine its credentials.

Aug 14, 2019 1:05 PM in response to marshvegas1

You could try clicking one each one in turn to see if it is listed correctly, and not "crossed up" with some other server.

Verizon has outsourced most of its email. In my area (greater Boston) the Verizon.net email addresses are the same, but their email Servers are Servers of AOL.com

EDIT: I did not see your response when I started composing.

Vistaprint Email won't recognize user name at setup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.