Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes crashes within 30 seconds and is not working for the past week depricving me of access to my music, bith purchased and uploaded, 2018 MacBook Air with latest OS and iTunes versions, why is that happening all of a sudden?

Since 9 August 2019, my MacBook Air cannot run iTunes. The iTunes app crashes usually within 20 seconds of trying to play a song after opening iTunes. This happens with songs I purchased via iTunes Store and songs I have uploaded successfully from CDs. What has happened in the past week is unacceptable, I have used iTunes for over 10 years on Windows and Mac computers. What has changed to cause this terrible and unacceptable behaviors other then using the latest versions of the Mac OS and iTunes? I have noted that the Mac is sending the error message generated by the crash directly to Apple and I have yet to receive ANY feedback, is this how Apple plans to support customers as we move into the future?

MacBook

Posted on Aug 15, 2019 8:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2019 10:58 AM

Things to try:

• Check for malware with Malwarebytes.
  • Reboot with the option to reopen apps not selected. Press and hold down alt+cmd as you launch iTunes to see if it will open in its own safe mode.
  • Try opening iTunes while in the Mac's safe mode (hold down shift at boot up).
  • Reinstall Mojave.

tt2

Similar questions

11 replies

Aug 15, 2019 6:21 PM in response to turingtest2

Not a Malwarebytes issue but a very good suggestion. It appears, at this time, to be an issue with real time virus scanning with Intego VirusBarrier X9 ver 10.9.20. No crashing when real time scanning disabled. Still waiting for Intego to respond, I bet they want me to re-install it and I got 6 months left on the sub, so I will try it once if they suggest. Thank you.

Aug 16, 2019 6:10 AM in response to mikedigitize

When troubleshooting I found that the Intego AV/malware real time scanner that is activated at startup and runs in the background, as designed, kills iTunes and then the crash occurs consistently. Intego has reported that it has has problems with Mojave and think they have a fix in their updates. So when I run iTunes, for now, I turn off Intego real time scanning. Reinstalling Mojave was the wrong answer, it would do nothing to solve the problem since it was generated by the Intego av/malware app. Thank you and may you have a very nice day.

iTunes crashes within 30 seconds and is not working for the past week depricving me of access to my music, bith purchased and uploaded, 2018 MacBook Air with latest OS and iTunes versions, why is that happening all of a sudden?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.