Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Purchased Ringtone is not showing up

I bought a couple of ringtones and they are not showing up in my settings > sounds & haptics. I already selected to re-download these purchases and nothing changed. I also read that i should connect my phone to my mac and go on itunes there. But 'tones' did not show up in my library. I further read on that i should go to general preferences and tick the option that will show 'tones' in my library but that option is not avaible in my 'preferences' window. Please help.

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on Aug 15, 2019 7:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2019 11:23 AM

Tones are no longer directly managed in iTunes. See Create and manage ringtones in iTunes - Apple Community for some background. Depending upon when you purchased the tones they might not be eligible for redownload, there has been a change in the terms that I don't think was retrospective. If you have the originals in the Tones folder in your iTunes Media folder, again a possibility that depends somewhat on when they were purchased, you can drag and drop them to your device.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 16, 2019 11:23 AM in response to jenniekay_

Tones are no longer directly managed in iTunes. See Create and manage ringtones in iTunes - Apple Community for some background. Depending upon when you purchased the tones they might not be eligible for redownload, there has been a change in the terms that I don't think was retrospective. If you have the originals in the Tones folder in your iTunes Media folder, again a possibility that depends somewhat on when they were purchased, you can drag and drop them to your device.

tt2

Purchased Ringtone is not showing up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.