Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lightning to 3.5mm Headphone Jack

Why does it break so often and how can I stop it?

My adapter is broken once again. I have not been doing anything that should ruin it. I keep my phone in my pocket, take out my adapter a few times a day, switch from headphones to a headset a once a day, and I only use a wireless charger. If I move the cord while it is in my phone, it will either pause my music, begin playing music (even when I haven’t opened Apple Music since I’ve restarted my phone), bring up voice control, speed up music, skip songs, play the next youtube video, pause the video, or hang up a call that I am in. In a couple of other cases, the adapter simply stopped working or made only one ear audible. I am sure it’s not my headphones as I’ve tested them on other devices. I know it’s not my phone since I could still charge it with a lightning cable with no complications. I have gone through 6 or more adapters since January 2019 (8 months). I have exchanged them up to the limit. I have been buying them at T-Mobile stores. These have been a waste of money as they break in 2 months or less. Would anyone please tell me how I could make these last or how to fix them?

iPhone 8

Posted on Aug 20, 2019 4:57 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Lightning to 3.5mm Headphone Jack

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.