Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How long does quick setup take?

I’m trying to setup a replacement iPhone 6s for my daughter...I’m using the quick setup feature but it is still spinning on “setting up your Apple ID” on the new and “finish on new iPhone” on the old...it’s been several minutes and so I don’t know if it’s working or not. Thanks!

Posted on Aug 22, 2019 1:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 22, 2019 1:54 PM

There should be no harm in aborting and re-starting both devices, note that both should be on external power during this process, and optionally on same Wi-Fi network for data migration (both have to be on iOS 12.4 for the full data migration though, which is a new optional step). More info on Quick Start:

Use Quick Start to transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 22, 2019 1:54 PM in response to McCJM

There should be no harm in aborting and re-starting both devices, note that both should be on external power during this process, and optionally on same Wi-Fi network for data migration (both have to be on iOS 12.4 for the full data migration though, which is a new optional step). More info on Quick Start:

Use Quick Start to transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

How long does quick setup take?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.