Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Puerto Rico and Apple Pay

Why is Apple discriminating the US Citizens of Puerto Rico, by not including is in Apple Pay and the new Apple Credit Card

Posted on Aug 22, 2019 2:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2019 9:28 PM

Personally, I haven’t used it yet but I’ve heard that some restaurants and stores do accept Apple Pay. For example: if you go to Apple Maps and search for a specific place, you can see information whether or not it accepts Apple Pay. You can call before getting there to be sure. I called Denny’s in Caguas and they do accept it.

24 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2019 9:28 PM in response to KR30

Personally, I haven’t used it yet but I’ve heard that some restaurants and stores do accept Apple Pay. For example: if you go to Apple Maps and search for a specific place, you can see information whether or not it accepts Apple Pay. You can call before getting there to be sure. I called Denny’s in Caguas and they do accept it.

Nov 5, 2019 9:00 AM in response to x_Diesel_x

If you mean for the Apple Card application, it wasn’t being recognized. Goldman Sachs application process is still having issues with some driver licenses, including some states and territories. When I first applied I couldn’t get passed through ID verification because some Real ID’s including PR are not being recognized by the system. I was banned from applying again for a month after to many attempts. On mid September I reapplied but this time when I scanned my ID I got a screen message that my application was going to be manually reviewed in 1-3 days. After 2 days I got a push notification that my application went through and my Apple Card offer was sitting there to be accepted in the Wallet app. So I got the offer and accepted it and I got the physical card the next day. I’ll share you a screen shot. If you try multiple times and you are entering the exact same address that is on the drivers license, you should eventually get something likes this, if not, contact Goldman Sachs with the number that appears on the decision email.

Sep 25, 2019 7:10 PM in response to kevind9601

Yes. I believe Apple Pay must be implemented in Puerto Rico soon. Since the Apple Card is available in Puerto Rico, it doesn’t make much sense to apply for it since you will lose bunch of rewards without using Apple Pay. However, Apple Card is one thing and Apple Pay is another thing, and the Apple Card can be perfectly acquired in Puerto Rico if you have other interests with it.

Nov 5, 2019 5:47 PM in response to x_Diesel_x

Well here’s the thing, I have a FICO score of 764 in all 3 credit bureaus (they will pull Transunion) however, I got offered a terrible APR of 23.74%, I have 4 other credit cards and 2 of them above 27,000 in credit limit each and I have 1% utilization in all of them. I don’t have missed payments, 7 years of history, nothing bad on my reports. I accepted the offer because I got a “decent” credit limit of 5,000 considering they are extending very little credit limits to consumers and because I’ll just be using the card for Apple Pay purchases. I don’t mind APR’s because I always pay my balance in full. But if you want a low APR there plenty of better options out there if you get a high one. So it will definitely depend on profile and I think you might be right, location. Also, they seem to be targeting average credit score people and consumers who carry balances. Multiples sources agree that these people are the ones getting better APR’s and credit limits, so if you have very good credit but you carry balances you may get a decent APR.

Nov 6, 2019 8:44 AM in response to Astromuse

Dude, you were on point. Got the same screen you posted a bit after I tried again since reading your previous reply. Got approved a few hours later. $6000 limit but that awful APR of 23.74%.

Same story I’d say. Equifax and TU are on the 740s. Have 3 other cards with lowest APR possible and all range between $4,000 limit to $10,000. Only one card is above 40% usage cause I had a surprise big expense that needed to be taken care of. But that’s being paid almost in full soon.

May just hit accept for the novelty of the white titanium card and 3% cash back on Apple purchases. Looking at getting new 5 series watch as a gift and AirPods Pro and phone for myself this xmas. But yeah. No way I’m carrying any balance on this one.

Nov 6, 2019 8:59 AM in response to x_Diesel_x

Congrats on the offer! At least you got a decent starting credit limit as well. Sorry about the APR. Good news is you can always monitor exactly how much interest you’ll be paying if you ever carry a balance and also you can request a lower APR later. But to be honest if you want the card for those purchases and if like you said you don’t plan to carry balances on it regularly I’d say go for it. They haven’t done a hard inquiry yet on your profile unless you accept the offer, all they did was a soft pull which hasn’t affected your Transunion score yet. You got time to think about it and you may even get that hard inquiry skipped like I did. Some people are being lucky and they’re not getting a hard inquiry after accepting the offer. In my experience, I was undecided and I waited over a day to accept it. My friend accepted immediately and she got the hard inquiry right away, so I’m not sure if waiting a little seems to be the cause of that hard inquiry getting skipped. Also, they are not reporting to credit bureaus yet, they say they will in the future.

Nov 6, 2019 10:23 AM in response to Astromuse

Yeah, may just let it linger a bit before accepting. Any idea what’s the opportunity window to accept? Have not seen anything in that respect printed anywhere.

Also, Interesting on the reporting thing. So the extra credit ceiling balance and payment history and all that is not being forwarded to bureaus? Like, at all?

Seems odd, tho it would make sense with the soft inquiry approval and not hitting as a hard one as well. Which I must say is a rather novel idea. Hate that every other card or loan is a quick hard even if you reject or decline the approval.

Had one a few years back when Chase insulted me with a $500 limit on an airline card. Like “where am I going to fly and stay”? Then you call to cancel and they are surprised. And it affects you as well once you cancel.

Nov 8, 2019 1:19 PM in response to x_Diesel_x

It is currently not being reported at all. But, when they begin to report, which they certainly will, all those past payments, account creation date, balance, etc. will be reported. It is just unknown when it will happen, but it will. It is very odd, but it's Goldman Sachs first credit card and even after the launch it is a complete new era for them and also for Apple. They are having tons of complaints from applicants especially due their ID verification issue with the system, low limits, apr's. It is like if the official launch never happened and the project still on its beta, haha. Hopefully, Apple realizes this and begins to influence on Goldman Sachs for better customer service... Because Goldman Sachs reputation is not very good either... I'm sorry to hear that about Chase, I know its a bummer when you receive a low limit on a travel card. Personally, they have been very good to me and I do have 2 cards with them (Freedom Unlimited 8k and Chase Sapphire Reserve 27k), so they have been generous to me with their limits. I just hate their 5/24 rule and the hard pull for credit line increases (reason why I haven't asked for an increase even though I don't need it). But overall I really like them. Canceling cards hurts you because you take the hard pull and you cannot garden your credit profile, so it's always better to keep it even if you don't plan to use it and hide it in a drawer haha. But I know it must be frustrating to receive a card with that limit. I really wish all credit cards application where based on a soft pull as well, until you accept if you qualify, it would be the greatest thing... so cheers to Apple and Goldman for that one... Keep me posted if you accept it and you get the hard inquiry and when the account reports on your credit!

Nov 9, 2019 2:56 PM in response to Astromuse

Well, I bit the bullet. Got submitted/approved around the 4th/5th of the month. Hit accept earlier today (the 9th) and it set itself up automatically in a snap. And 1-2 hours after, got the notice of a HARD inquiry. So there’s that. Maybe I didn’t let it rest enough.

Crossing fingers they begin reporting as well so at least that extra $6,000 in credit help offset Greg credit usage ratio.

Puerto Rico and Apple Pay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.