Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cant sign into iTunes, no error

When I select sign in from the account window and I enter my ID and then my Password the sign in windows disappears and nothing happens. There is no error. It just shows me as not signed in.

I have made sure that all the right boxes in iTunes are checked in preferences and even tried reinstalling MacOS 10.14.6 since there is no standalone iTunes installer. same problem.

I am able to log into other computers just fine. I also tried another Apple ID and had the same problem.

Thanks for any help.

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Aug 24, 2019 2:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2019 8:51 AM

Greetings Aaron21,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities! I understand you're unable to sign in to the iTunes Store on your Mac.

To help isolate this behavior, I suggest testing the issue with a different macOS user account: How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac - Apple Support

Additionally, testing in safe mode can further help isolate the behavior: Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support

Further, it would be helpful to know if you see SOCKS Proxy enabled within the network settings of your Mac. To check for this:

1. Open System Preferences > Network
  2. Select the active network interface (i.e. Ethernet or Wi-Fi, depending on what is connected).
  3. Click the "Advanced" button.
  4. Go to the Proxies tab and check if 'SOCKS Proxy' is enabled.

Kind regards.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 26, 2019 8:51 AM in response to Aaron21

Greetings Aaron21,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities! I understand you're unable to sign in to the iTunes Store on your Mac.

To help isolate this behavior, I suggest testing the issue with a different macOS user account: How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac - Apple Support

Additionally, testing in safe mode can further help isolate the behavior: Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support

Further, it would be helpful to know if you see SOCKS Proxy enabled within the network settings of your Mac. To check for this:

1. Open System Preferences > Network
  2. Select the active network interface (i.e. Ethernet or Wi-Fi, depending on what is connected).
  3. Click the "Advanced" button.
  4. Go to the Proxies tab and check if 'SOCKS Proxy' is enabled.

Kind regards.

Aug 27, 2019 1:56 PM in response to Aaron21

Turned out to be malware my family had downloaded onto their computer.

Contacted Apple support and they had me check if SOCKS proxy was checked, and then they had me download malwarebytes. I was able to run a scan without buying the software.

Then checked that no safari extensions were causing problems and checked the user startup which had a lot of unknown stuff.

First time encountering malware on a Mac. Glad the Apple rep. was so enthusiastic to help.

Apple should really have a malware removal tool that I can download from them, rather then a third party.

Cant sign into iTunes, no error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.