Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot sign in to iTunes 12.9.5.5. with my AppleID

I am not able to sign in to iTunes with my Apple ID on my MacBook running Mohave. This happened only recently. I'm prompted for the ID and password, but when I hit enter there is no confirmation of any action. My data connection is fine and my account is in good standing and has not been revoked. I was able to sign in on my wife's MacBook Air just fine. Thanks for your direction.

MacBook

Posted on Nov 6, 2019 2:45 PM

4 replies

Nov 11, 2019 10:25 AM in response to poor yorick

Hello poor yorick,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand that you're unable to sign in to iTunes with your Apple ID on your MacBook running macOS Mojave, however you're able to sign in with the same Apple ID on your wife's MacBook Air. I would be happy to help provide steps to take next.

Since the issue appears to be isolated to your specific Mac, I suggest following the steps in the support article below to help further isolate potential causes:

If you can't connect to the App Store, iTunes Store, or Apple Books - Apple Support

If you're still unable to sign in after following those steps, you'll want to reach out to Apple Support using the link in this section:

Take care.

Nov 12, 2019 10:23 AM in response to chuck_3rd

Hello, Alex_h1

Thank you for your comprehensive response. I cleared the two caches in Finder and restarted my MacBook Pro as instructed. That has solved my problem! I am able to access the iTunes Store once again. I believe my problem began when I accidentally turned off Genius in iTunes. I have reinstated Genius and am awaiting it to update my library. I've bookmarked your instructions for future use if necessary. Thank you very much for helping me! Cheers.

Cannot sign in to iTunes 12.9.5.5. with my AppleID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.