Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

YouTube upload stops at 50% both from FCP and when uploading directly from the web browser.

I also heard that it would help to switch from ProRes to something else? YouTube said I should upload as mp4 for faster uploads but no matter what I do I end up getting stuck!

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Aug 25, 2019 3:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2019 2:18 PM

I've had terrible luck uploading to YouTube directly from FCPX or Compressor. But Using safari has always worked fine for me.

Definitely don't upload ProRes. Use H.264. FCPX has the YouTube templates built in I believe.

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/4603579?hl=en

8 replies

Aug 27, 2019 7:56 AM in response to WDI

Final Cut has uploaded to YouTube a lot better for me then iMovie. I uploaded a 720p 8 minute video this week fine but when I tried do this 20 minute 1080 video has been having troubles. I think I tried uploading from my default browser Firefox as well as Safari. I saw the previous posts about the problems of ProRes so I was sure to change that and go with mp4. Another thing to think about, my internet connection is moderately slow at home while at work it is very fast. I wonder if it would help to bring it there instead? I can try that when I get home in a few days too.

Aug 27, 2019 10:57 AM in response to pik80

To check your youtube account features using a web browser log into YouTube, click your account icon in the upper right corner, select settings and click on "View additional features" under "Your Account". It should bring you to a page that will show wether you are eligible for videos longer than 15 minutes.

YouTube upload stops at 50% both from FCP and when uploading directly from the web browser.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.