Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't install update 10.14.6 on my MacBook Pro Touch Bar 2017

I was downloading some huge files around 11GB and then transferred them to the external drive, Tried to install macOS 10.14.6 on my MBP TB 2017, Machine went off, didn't reach the black screen with Apple logo, instead it shows some weird white patterns on the display, it boots back again after 10 mins. Failed to install updates, and shows 3 windows with same error (You can't save the file "Backups" because the volume "Macintosh HD" is out of space. Remove some files from the volume, and then try again). Tried to shutdown, but the machine turns on back again. Touch ID and my SAMSUNG T5 SSD also stopped responding. Also About This Mac says I have over 110 GB storage left. All the apps order in the Launch Pad has been reset, none of the third party apps are working. Any help will be so much appreciated, Thank you.

Posted on Aug 26, 2019 9:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2019 12:24 PM

Hi nhandoli,

It sounds like you've had some issues installing macOS, and I want to help.

If you had trouble installing the update, it might be a good idea to reinstall via the combo update here:

Download macOS Mojave 10.14.6 Combo Update

Let me know if you're able to do that successfully and get your Mac behaving as expected.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 27, 2019 12:24 PM in response to nhandoli

Hi nhandoli,

It sounds like you've had some issues installing macOS, and I want to help.

If you had trouble installing the update, it might be a good idea to reinstall via the combo update here:

Download macOS Mojave 10.14.6 Combo Update

Let me know if you're able to do that successfully and get your Mac behaving as expected.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

Can't install update 10.14.6 on my MacBook Pro Touch Bar 2017

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.