Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Pro 11 inch with an unresponsive line going down the screen

An iPad Pro I have purchased less than a year ago has now a patch or line of unresponsive area going down the side'ish area of the screen. If I try and drag my fingers across the screen or use an Apple Pencil to write across that area, it won't move or the pencil mark will be blank.

I have searched up reasons as to why an iPad Pro 2018 model would have this unresponsive area and I have tried all the solutions that have been written by others, such as doing a hard reset. At first, it seemed to fix the problems a bit, but it doesn't seem to get rid of the issue anymore.

I also tried the issue of turning on touch accommodations, another solution posted through online search, which didn't help me with my specific case as well.

I don't have a screen protector on the screen and I have also cleaned off the screen of finger marks, it has not resolved the problem.

I have never accidentally banged or dropped the iPad on hard surfaces. I'd just like to know if anyone else in the community also experienced this and if there is a solution out there to fix this.

I don't see the iPad being bent itself, so would this be some kind of a internal software issue in which a future update may fix? Hopefully, someone knows of a few more tricks to tackle down the issue here.

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Aug 28, 2019 9:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2019 8:25 AM

Hello,

I suggest reaching out to Apple to help diagnose this problem.

Contact Apple Care

Similar questions

2 replies

iPad Pro 11 inch with an unresponsive line going down the screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.