Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Are There Any Free Alternative Methods That will Xfer (Android) Data to XS Max?

About two weeks ago, I purchased my first iPhone. I've only e ver owned Androids, and the only product I know how to use is my Mac. It's been a painless transition for the most part but there is one...big...problem.

In the past moving data has never been an issue. I've had the same MicroSD card for years, so there's ~250K texts and ~10/11K photos. Apps, Contacts, and all that jazz are fine; and I've moved the pictures to GooglePhoto. But I've hit a wall with the texts. I have tried almost everything at this point: The 'Move to iOS' app was a complete bust. I put it in Airplane Mode, disconnected anything else on the network and restarted the modem... nothing. I've backed up my Galaxy to Google Drive, Samsung Cloud, OneNote... zip. I put it into whatever it's called when you connect both phones (to the laptop, then to each other), no luck. Finally I went to the Apple Store because I assumed it had to be something I botched. Three hours later they were just as frustrated as I was. Same for online chat support. Last but not least I connected my SD directly to my Mac, nope.

I've seen a lot of apps that say "free" but really aren't. Is there any solution that will let me move these messages? The same issue applies to my WhatsApp account. I have backups but can't restore it or transfer them and it is driving me bonkers.

Has anyone been able to find a solution for this?

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Aug 31, 2019 11:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2019 3:54 PM

This is the only way that on know of (And it is free and works)--> Move from Android to iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies

Sep 3, 2019 2:02 PM in response to SravanKrA

Thank you so much. Unfortunately, the Move to iOS app doesn't work for me. I took my iPhone into the Apple store because I thought that I just wasn't doing it correctly. Even the folks at the Genius Bar couldn't get it to work. They said that it was being phased out/discontinued (I'm not sure if that's actually the case). Hopefully I can find another solution.

Are There Any Free Alternative Methods That will Xfer (Android) Data to XS Max?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.