Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wrong Keyboard _setup_ on Login

Hi,

I have a MacBook Pro late 2013 with a Swedish keyboard. Something seems to have happened at the login screen. Some key are not working. They are physically working, but for example the Swedish "ö" is like hitting the left arrow. Logging in to the Guest works (no password) and there all buttons work as normal.

I've tried: Selecting another keyboard from the top right menu, rebooting, reseting the SMC, disconnecting the battery, stopped FileVault (there is an option when reseting the password "My keyboard isn’t working when typing my password to log in")

I'm out of ideas (found online). Anyone have any tips?

Cheers,

Peter

Posted on Sep 1, 2019 7:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2019 2:44 AM

I don't know all keys, but it's was not mouse keys at work. I was FileVault that caused the error, and all started working normally when I turned it off.

However, I get an error message when trying to turn it on again ("The operation couldn’t be completed. (OSStatus error - 25300 - Failed finding service FDE)").

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 3, 2019 2:44 AM in response to Tom Gewecke

I don't know all keys, but it's was not mouse keys at work. I was FileVault that caused the error, and all started working normally when I turned it off.

However, I get an error message when trying to turn it on again ("The operation couldn’t be completed. (OSStatus error - 25300 - Failed finding service FDE)").

Wrong Keyboard _setup_ on Login

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.