Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to print black and white only AND double-sided?

How do you print in black and white only on a Microsoft Word document? I'm using the latest MacBook Pro 2019 and I can't seem to find any setting within the Word Print settings that helps with this.

Also if anybody knows how to print double-sided? Every time I go on "Layout" where the Two-Sided option comes up it does not allow me to change it to "On" instead of the automatic "Off". I know the printer I'm using can print double-sided as I've done it before on a Windows laptop, so wondering how to do it on a Mac.

Thanks in advance!

MacBook

Posted on Sep 1, 2019 10:15 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Sep 1, 2019 10:38 AM in response to notanappleproyet

How and if you can set these options will depend on the exact printer model & driver that you have.

For example, I currently have an HP OfficeJet Pro 6970.

To print in black & white only, I have two options:

1. Change the printer preset, or
  2. Select "Paper Type/Quality," choose Grayscale for the Color option, and "Black Ink Only" for the Grayscale Mode option.

To print two-sided or duplex, I select Layout > Two-Sided > Long-Edge or Short-Edge binding. Either of these settings "stick" for me. If they are not available or you cannot select them, it may be that you will need to go into your printer's administration panel/webpage to make sure that two-sided printing is enabled.

How to print black and white only AND double-sided?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.