Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I would like to allow 3rd party cookies

I would like to allow 3rd party cookies on my mac, version 10.13.6. But when i follow already existing instructions, i don't seem to have the option to accept all cookies. It only offers me blocking all cookies.

MacBook

Posted on Sep 2, 2019 3:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2019 8:25 AM

If you don't check the box to block cookies, you should get 3rd party cookies. If you are not getting all the expected/required cookies, in Safari/Preferences/Privacy, try unchecking Prevent cross-site tracking to see if that helps.

14 replies

Oct 8, 2019 7:22 PM in response to kmay2019

Are you running any anti - virus programs? Using a VPN?

Try setting up another admin user account in System Preferences/Users & Groups to see if the same problem continues. Please post back on whether or not this worked. Also try the Safe Mode. Please post back on whether or not this worked.

Isolating an issue by using another user account 

Safe Mode - About

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor.  Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown. If the log won’t post, try posting it in Pastebin and provide a link in a reply. After pasting the report in a PasteBin page, go to the top of the page, and copy the address in the URL bar. Paste that in a new reply.        Pastebin

Etrecheck – System Information

Jan 5, 2020 1:52 PM in response to Palko from Sling

Others are seeing the same thing. It seems to be a bug in the newest Safari 13 version.

Block cookies is off but being limited by… - Apple Community

Try another browser until the problem is fixed.

Firefox        10.9 or higher

Opera Browser        10.9 or higher

SeaMonkey      10.9 or higher8

Waterfox          10.8 or higher

Apple doesn’t routinely monitor the discussions. These are mostly user to user discussions.

If you want to, you can send Apple feedback. They won't answer, but at least will know there is a problem or a suggestion for change. If enough people send feedback, it may get the problem/suggested change solved sooner.

Safari Feedback

Jan 2, 2020 7:21 PM in response to ewa147

One of my financial websites insists Safari is blocking cookies when the Privacy permissions are set to not block cookies. I was relieved to see this is apparently a bug Apple has been slow to fix in 13.0.4. The Firefox browser allowed me to access what I needed but I am disappointed Apple hasn't yet addressed this issue as it's a really big problem if Apple wants people to continue to use Safari. It seems whenever a Safari problem crops up, most businesses immediately suggest I switch to Chrome. Seems Apple would not want to drive people to Chrome but that's what is happening. Most of my friends use Chrome but I'd rather not.

Jan 5, 2020 1:38 PM in response to mission minded

I have had this same problem, my bank website keeps telling me I need to not block cookies, but I have tried several steps: checking block then unchecking to enable, and then quitting & restarting Safari. This did not work. Then I tried again to allow cookies in Preferences, closing Preference window to save, clearing History in Safari, quitting Safari then restarting. Still does not work. Please fix this!!

I would like to allow 3rd party cookies

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.