Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I found this iPad and I’m trying to find the owner and it is at the activation lock screen. What do I need to do to return it to the right person?

I found an ipad and I’m trying to get it back to the owner and it’s been locked and only shows the activation lock screen. How can I get into the device to find the owners information?

Posted on Sep 2, 2019 10:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2019 10:36 PM

Hi cooper63,

Thanks for your kind intention to return the iPad to its rightful owner but I won’t suggest you to log into the iPad as it’s invading other people’s privacy. 

Btw, some iPads have names engraved on it, did you see any name on it?

What you can do is to take the iPad to the nearest police station and give the police officers some details as in: Where did you find the iPad? If you have caught a glimpse of the owner, is the owner a male or female? Is the owner wearing school uniform, from which school? At around what time did you discovered the iPad etc.

Hope these helps.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 2, 2019 10:36 PM in response to cooper63

Hi cooper63,

Thanks for your kind intention to return the iPad to its rightful owner but I won’t suggest you to log into the iPad as it’s invading other people’s privacy. 

Btw, some iPads have names engraved on it, did you see any name on it?

What you can do is to take the iPad to the nearest police station and give the police officers some details as in: Where did you find the iPad? If you have caught a glimpse of the owner, is the owner a male or female? Is the owner wearing school uniform, from which school? At around what time did you discovered the iPad etc.

Hope these helps.

I found this iPad and I’m trying to find the owner and it is at the activation lock screen. What do I need to do to return it to the right person?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.