Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No sound when using streaming in the car.

Hi , my iPhone XR does not play sound whenever i try to stream video in my car . It plays music just fine , but is unable to play audio whenever I try to stream video from Hotstar , or even try to play videos from the Photos app. The sound comes for 1 second and then vanishes . Please suggest a fix.

I have tried connecting and disconnecting bluetooth , as well turning my device on and off.

iPhone XR

Posted on Sep 3, 2019 9:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2019 2:28 PM

Hey there ritika92,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand you’re having issues playing audio from videos in your car stereo. You’ve done some great troubleshooting so far and I’ll be happy to help with this.

You mention you disconnected/connected Bluetooth. When you did this, did you unpair your iPhone and car stereo? If not, go to Settings > Bluetooth, find the device you want to unpair, and tap the small i next to your car stereo , then Forget this Device.

Check for any iOS updates once you’ve done this. Go to Settings > General > Software Update. If you see an update available, back up your iPhone and install the update:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If there’s not an update available, restart your iPhone and pair your iPhone and car stereo together again:

Connect Bluetooth devices to iPhone

If that doesn’t work, reach out to your car manufacturer and see if there are any firmware updates available for your car stereo.

Best wishes.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 4, 2019 2:28 PM in response to roushan93

Hey there ritika92,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand you’re having issues playing audio from videos in your car stereo. You’ve done some great troubleshooting so far and I’ll be happy to help with this.

You mention you disconnected/connected Bluetooth. When you did this, did you unpair your iPhone and car stereo? If not, go to Settings > Bluetooth, find the device you want to unpair, and tap the small i next to your car stereo , then Forget this Device.

Check for any iOS updates once you’ve done this. Go to Settings > General > Software Update. If you see an update available, back up your iPhone and install the update:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If there’s not an update available, restart your iPhone and pair your iPhone and car stereo together again:

Connect Bluetooth devices to iPhone

If that doesn’t work, reach out to your car manufacturer and see if there are any firmware updates available for your car stereo.

Best wishes.

No sound when using streaming in the car.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.