Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost e-mail folders in the "on my computer" section of Outlook 2016.

After the last Apple software upgrade i was directed to a microsoft upgrade of outlook . The message "you'll need the latest version of outlook to use this database" appeared when i tried to open Outlook 2016.

After contacting microsoft they advised to reset my profile which i did but subsequently all my e-mails in the subfolders are no where to be found

. Business and personal.

Are the files backed up somewhere outside of time machine?

What are they called?

How do i retrieve the files?

If i use time machine which files do i need to restore back to where my mail contents were before they were lost.

Does any one know how to recover these files?

MacBook

Posted on Sep 6, 2019 9:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2019 1:59 AM

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/mail/mlhlp1030/mac

You can also extract the backup with time machine or double click in finder

2 replies

Sep 7, 2019 6:29 AM in response to YoungApple_Fanboy

Thanks for responding.

I read through the apple guide.

I guess one of the many things i don't fully understand is how i can recover the sub folders from my outlook 2016 email application under the "on my computer" section via the Mac mail application.

I did search for the files in the Library and could not locate any microsoft files with this years date. I also could not find an apple folder called mail. I pressed the command button as you said. Have i missed something?

There seem to be a number of files in " time machine" located in the "microsoft user data" folder. I am not sure which ones i should extract to restore the e-mail app and all the missing files.

A bit nervous about screwing up the clean files and making things worse.

I have just noted that the server address was change on my account settings. Will this affect how my files are displayed?

Lost e-mail folders in the "on my computer" section of Outlook 2016.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.