Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard randomly stop working

I have a MacBook early 2015 and the keyboard are completely unresponsive. However using an external keyboard works. This problem started around 1 months ago when I turned my laptop on and I couldn't use the keyboard, apart from the power button. Sometimes it starts working again after a couple days and then stops and starts. I used SMC reset and everything that is there.

MacBook

Posted on Sep 9, 2019 1:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2019 1:37 AM

revdilip Said:

Keyboard randomly stop working: I have a MacBook early 2015 and the keyboard are completely unresponsive. However using an external keyboard works.

Reinstall the macOS With the Keyboard:

Using the external keyboard, try a reinstall of the macOS. Doing so, nothing would be deleted. All intended, original files and Apps that came on your macOS would be reinstalled.

It’s all about keeping your system files intact.

Time Machine backup:

Important: Create a Time Machine backup of your Mac, so that you can have something to restore your Mac from, should anything go wrong.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 9, 2019 1:37 AM in response to revdilip

revdilip Said:

Keyboard randomly stop working: I have a MacBook early 2015 and the keyboard are completely unresponsive. However using an external keyboard works.

Reinstall the macOS With the Keyboard:

Using the external keyboard, try a reinstall of the macOS. Doing so, nothing would be deleted. All intended, original files and Apps that came on your macOS would be reinstalled.

It’s all about keeping your system files intact.

Time Machine backup:

Important: Create a Time Machine backup of your Mac, so that you can have something to restore your Mac from, should anything go wrong.

Sep 9, 2019 9:30 PM in response to revdilip

revdilip Said:

"Already Done"

-------

Then, contact Apple***, and request that a Genius Bar Appointment be Reserved. You would take this to your Local Apple Store, during which the keyboard would be looked at, with a diagnostics test. See where things can go from there.

Info on Contacting Apple:

Keyboard randomly stop working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.