Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail app not showing me when new messages recvd

Hi all

Iphone Xs I have turned off push to save some battery life changing it to fetch . Problem is tho I have a few mailboxes to check and I'm not getting notified of new e-mails , is this a known issue or something else ?

iPhone XS

Posted on Sep 9, 2019 10:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2019 10:58 AM

If you changed your mail to Fetch, you are also going to have to set a time interval for Fetch to use. That will be how often it checks for mail. Make sure each of the accounts is set to Fetch as well. Depending on the time period for Fetch, you may be opening mail before it is checked and that could be why you are not seeing notification but are seeing new mail when you open mail account.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 9, 2019 10:58 AM in response to phantom076

If you changed your mail to Fetch, you are also going to have to set a time interval for Fetch to use. That will be how often it checks for mail. Make sure each of the accounts is set to Fetch as well. Depending on the time period for Fetch, you may be opening mail before it is checked and that could be why you are not seeing notification but are seeing new mail when you open mail account.

Mail app not showing me when new messages recvd

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.