Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

assigning windows to different displays in final cut pro x

I am running final cut pro x on two attached monitors, for a total of three screens. I will call the monitors 1,2,3, with #3 being the laptop screen.

I would like sidebar, browser, inspector and time line in #1, viewer in #2, and #3 free for other apps and tasks.

I have tried moving task bar to #1, and sidebar, browser, inspector and time line appear there.

unfortunately #3 (laptop screen) is treated as secondary viewer, not #2 as desired.

And, ideally, I would like dock to stay on laptop. I can drag fcpx to #1, but viewer defaults to laptop screen (#3), not #2.

Any remedies?

Thanks!

macbook pro 15" 2019

Mojave

MacBook

Posted on Sep 9, 2019 12:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 10, 2019 5:21 AM

To have Final Cut Pro use your 1 and 2 displays:

1) In System Preferences-Displays move the little white menu bar representation to display 2

2) Click the real menu bar in display 1

3) Press command-space, start typing Final and press enter

Final Cut Pro will start in display 1

4) Window->Show in Secondary Display->Viewers

Only thing to be addressed is the Dock. My suggestion is to turn on automatic hiding in System Preferences->Dock. This way the Dock will appear in whichever display you want, just move the cursor to the bottom of that display

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 10, 2019 5:21 AM in response to marten berkman

To have Final Cut Pro use your 1 and 2 displays:

1) In System Preferences-Displays move the little white menu bar representation to display 2

2) Click the real menu bar in display 1

3) Press command-space, start typing Final and press enter

Final Cut Pro will start in display 1

4) Window->Show in Secondary Display->Viewers

Only thing to be addressed is the Dock. My suggestion is to turn on automatic hiding in System Preferences->Dock. This way the Dock will appear in whichever display you want, just move the cursor to the bottom of that display

assigning windows to different displays in final cut pro x

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.