Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Homekit Automation - Sunset triggers 4-5 hours early

I've set up an automation to turn on a light at sunset (currently about 730PM local). Every day, I've noticed it triggering sometime between 230-330PM.

I have two hubs on my network, a HomePod and AppleTV 4th gen also on the network.

I'm wondering if somehow it's triggering on UTC time since I'm 4 hours behind UTC. I've checked the timezone on my phone, it's correct and when I ask the HomePod the time it also is correct.

Any suggestions?

iPhone X

Posted on Sep 9, 2019 1:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 10, 2019 6:05 PM

Siri answered correctly.

I ended up solving the problem by resetting both Apple TV and HomePod to factory settings and then set everything back up.

Similar questions

2 replies

Homekit Automation - Sunset triggers 4-5 hours early

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.