Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 pro and Display Zoom

On the iPhone Xs, the “Display Zoom” function was limited to the “max” version. This was quite a bummer when I bought my Xs, because my eyesight has gotten worse over time.

With the new iPhone 11 and 11 pro lineup, I was wondering if these models will support Display Zoom, or is this limited to the 11 pro max only?

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Sep 11, 2019 7:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2019 5:07 PM

I've been looking for that answer for a week or two and stumbled on this page buried in Apple's support site:

https://support.apple.com/guide/iphone/magnify-the-screen-iphd6804774e/ios

Go to the page, click on the "supported models" hyperlink and you'll see this:

44 replies

Oct 6, 2019 11:08 AM in response to joni81

I spoke with Apple support again today. They said 2 days ago they got communication that the display zoom was removed from the newer "smaller" phone (11 Pro) and they didn't think this would be a concern to the user. Apparently this communication advised that if the senior engineers spoke with anyone who missed this feature, they should recommend that the user provide feedback here: https://www.apple.com/feedback/

Apparently this could be remedied in a software update? He said so far they have "recorded" only seven people who called about this feature missing on the Pro. He encouraged me to share this info on the forum, and let people know their feedback matters.

Oct 17, 2019 12:33 PM in response to ncjoni54

I, too, was very disappointed that my new expensive 11 pro has no display zoom. I am an old guy with weak eyesight and fat fingers. The app icons and especially the horizontal keyboard keys are very small and awkward for me to use. If this feature is so unimportant, why is it included on the 11 and 11 Max Pro models? Display zoom is VERY important to me! I hope everybody who agrees will contact Apple (I did) and urge them to restore that feature.

Oct 21, 2019 7:22 AM in response to srfritz0089

srfritz0089 wrote:

Why in the world would they not continue to offer such an important accessibility feature, especially on just one model? Makes zero sense. C’mon Apple, get this fixed!!!

Apple is not here to listen to your complain. Please provide feedback at: Feedback - iPhone - Apple they claim to read all feedback submitted through there.

Feb 16, 2020 6:44 PM in response to vigomonk

Like others who used this feature on earlier iphones, I am very dis-appointed that my very expensive new iPhone 11 pro has gone backwards in this regard - and not so hopeful the Apple will fix. I do a lot of screen work everyday and to date, have been able to manage without reading glasses. It seems surprising that Apple would alienate an important part of their customer base without any apparent technical reason. I have done my small part by leaving feedback at: Feedback - iPhone - Apple. Will wait and see.

Aug 15, 2020 2:03 PM in response to Pdfinest

Hello – I want to confirm I just went through this entire process as well for the iPhone 11. I spoke to two different support agents because I thought my display zoom feature was not working. Note this is different than the on screen zoom feature. This is the feature you get to by clicking on display and brightness and zoom display. When you zoom the display on iPhone 11 it increases the text under the icons but not the size of the icons. I even measured it. I went through with support even reinstalling my iOS but the result was the same. The settings screens are zoomed but the home screen icons are not. It’s very different from the zoomed experience I had on my old iPhone 6. It may be a deal breaker for me as well even though I like all the other features. Please note the support page referring to the supported devices has been updated. It no longer lists iPhone 11 Pro as supported.

Sep 23, 2019 5:32 PM in response to Tazz063

Interesting.

Now that I have my iPhone 11 Pro in hand, I can tell you there is no View option in Display & Brightness. So no apparent way to actually Zoom the display.

My iPhone 7 on iOS 13 does continue to offer the View / Display Zoom option at the bottom of the Display & Brightness screen.

I can however still do the 3 finger tap to Magnify the screen on my 11 Pro, which is a different feature.

Oct 2, 2019 5:05 PM in response to Tazz063

To me its like a downgrade to have a new expensive phone that doesn't have simple features that my 3 year old iphone 7 had. Got my 11 Pro phone today and noticed this missing. Apple store folks called Tech, and I got the senior advisor that ran diagnostics, and no one had an answer for why it is not on the Pro especially when the Apple alleges the Pros should have this feature. Sad to say I'm just not loving my new phone like I hoped :-(

Oct 3, 2019 1:17 PM in response to Pieter Sipkes

Called for support on Oct. 2. The tech support guy did not know why I could not use display zoom. So he sent a question to the engineerers. I got an email today. Only the large screen max and plus on the Iphone 11 pro will let you display zoom. I wish they would update the software to allow you to zoom display. My husband has an 8 that has all the new software and he can zoom display. I have a brand new iphone and can not, pretty sad. First time I time I have ever been disappointed in the apple company.

Oct 3, 2019 5:33 PM in response to joni81

I had that problem when I bought the iPhone X instead of the 8. I'm assuming that the Display Zoom on the 11 Pro Max and 11 is just the 11 Pro display on a bigger screen (since the 11 Pro is the smallest of the 3). I was told the 8 used the SE display on a larger screen but the X couldn't use it because of the notch.

iPhone 11 pro and Display Zoom

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.