Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multiple Apple ID sign-in request

I bought an ipad Air, and every time I open it asks me to enter the password for two different Apple IDs, that are not mine. The apple IDs that I am being asked to enter the passwords for are owned by people I know, and I previously had a very old ipad, so am assuming it has somehow linked them together, perhaps from an old app.

Any ideas how to solve this problem? I have gone into settings etc to see if I can remove any associated apple IDs, but they don't seem to appear.

iPad Air 3 Wi-Fi

Posted on Sep 11, 2019 7:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2019 8:18 AM

Check the App Store and iTunes Store to see if there are any updates for apps/purchases. A request for another Apple ID password is often caused by updates to apps/purchases that were made when using the other ID. Those purchases are tied to the other ID and can't be transferred. One option is to delete the apps/purchases made by the other ID and download them using the new ID if desired. If necessary, check your purchases history to see which apps/purchases weren’t made by the current ID. 

Purchase History Review

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 11, 2019 8:18 AM in response to ftsquared

Check the App Store and iTunes Store to see if there are any updates for apps/purchases. A request for another Apple ID password is often caused by updates to apps/purchases that were made when using the other ID. Those purchases are tied to the other ID and can't be transferred. One option is to delete the apps/purchases made by the other ID and download them using the new ID if desired. If necessary, check your purchases history to see which apps/purchases weren’t made by the current ID. 

Purchase History Review

Multiple Apple ID sign-in request

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.