Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

converting m4a audio files to mp3

I am attempting to use iTunes on Windows to convert an m4a file to an mp3 file. I have adjusted the import settings to import using MP3 encoder. However, when I select the file from my library to convert I get this message: "none of the selected files were converted because they could not be found" The file plays fine. I have tried saving it in several locations on the computer to no avail. Please help! None of my other software will recognize this file. Thanks in advance!

Posted on Sep 11, 2019 6:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2019 7:05 PM

I was able to get it to find my file after going to a different sorting option (was in recent, moved to artists) and selecting it from there. Converted fine. Problem solved. Yay. Clicked on the lower three dots and selected "show in explorer" so I could copy it to another file. Hope this helps someone else.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 11, 2019 7:05 PM in response to K2Tyg

I was able to get it to find my file after going to a different sorting option (was in recent, moved to artists) and selecting it from there. Converted fine. Problem solved. Yay. Clicked on the lower three dots and selected "show in explorer" so I could copy it to another file. Hope this helps someone else.

converting m4a audio files to mp3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.