Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iMac doesn't recognize Apogee Hype Mic or Plantronics headphones

Help please! I have a new Apogee Hype Mic, but my iMac (2017 Retina 5K 27") doesn't recognize it.

I do see it listed in System Preferences as an Input option, but it sounds no different from iMac's built-in mic.

Also, when I plug in my Plantronics headset, I can use *that* mic effectively, but I don't hear any sound through the Plantronics headphones, even though the headset is recognized in both input and output modes in System Preferences.

Is the sound card in my iMac defective? What are some possible solutions?

Thank you!

Cinephile

Posted on Sep 12, 2019 6:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2019 8:03 AM

Neither are Apple products, please contact the developers of the products to first verify their compatibility with the version of Mac OS installed. If you verify they are supposed to work with the version of Mac OS installed the please do the following:

Please navigate to the Mac App Store and download the free version of EtreCheck OR please click www.EtreCheck.com where you will find the app. Once you downloaded the free app and created the report please post it as your reply to this message. In order to post it, please use the following link for more detailed instructions on how to correctly include the results: 

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-250000211

We can then look for obvious issues that may be causing your problem.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 12, 2019 8:03 AM in response to Cinephile8

Neither are Apple products, please contact the developers of the products to first verify their compatibility with the version of Mac OS installed. If you verify they are supposed to work with the version of Mac OS installed the please do the following:

Please navigate to the Mac App Store and download the free version of EtreCheck OR please click www.EtreCheck.com where you will find the app. Once you downloaded the free app and created the report please post it as your reply to this message. In order to post it, please use the following link for more detailed instructions on how to correctly include the results: 

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-250000211

We can then look for obvious issues that may be causing your problem.

My iMac doesn't recognize Apogee Hype Mic or Plantronics headphones

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.