Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone XR Camera problem - Endless ReFocusing

Hi Everyone -

I know at least one other user has posted the same problem on this community, but I am looking for more responses as only one other person responded to his post. I have a 1 month old iPhone XR. Today, I tried to use the camera but for the first time it seemed to be stuck in an endless 'refocusing loop', almost as if it was taking hundreds of pictures of the same scene in order to select the best. This is the first time it has happened. But it didn't actually take any pictures, so that's why I describe it as endless refocusing.

Apparently the other user got his phone reset at a Genius Bar and that fixed the issue - but he didn't explain whether he saved all his content and data first, as originally he was blaming a previous installed back up for the problem.

I do not have a Genius Bar in my location (South Africa) and technical support just for iPhones is virtually non-existent here, so I would be grateful for any feedback from other users. The consensus is that this is a software - not a hardware - issue. Therefore, we are relying on the good folk at Apple HQ to release an update which will fix this. My 7 years experience of multiple Apple products tells me that one can wait up to 2 years for an update to come along which fixes a bug like this..................

Thanks in advance for sharing your wisdom.

iPhone XR

Posted on Sep 12, 2019 8:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2019 11:07 AM

Hello,

Start here: Get help with the camera on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If no help, try a factory reset:

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings

Good luck.

Similar questions

1 reply

iPhone XR Camera problem - Endless ReFocusing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.