Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music

I joined Apple Music on the free 3 month trial, I decided it wasn't for me so cancelled early, I had about 1400 tracks in my iTunes after canceling I now have 778? All the tracks were bought or taken from cd,S, I downloaded about 20 tracks from apple and knew they would be gone when I cancelled but wtf has happened to half my music, any suggestions as to how to get them back would be greatly appreciated.

Posted on Sep 13, 2019 2:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2019 2:59 AM

You will have to sync those tracks again using iTunes on a computer. The tracks aren’t anywhere else.

Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using iTunes on your computer - Apple Support

You were advised to have a backup of your content at all time, including before starting the service. [1] [2] [3]

What may have happened is that you opted to replace pre-existing tracks with their matching versions in the Apple Music catalog, to use these in iCloud Music Library. Features from the Apple Music subscription, including these replaced versions, will not be accessible after the subscription expires.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 13, 2019 2:59 AM in response to leighslane

You will have to sync those tracks again using iTunes on a computer. The tracks aren’t anywhere else.

Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using iTunes on your computer - Apple Support

You were advised to have a backup of your content at all time, including before starting the service. [1] [2] [3]

What may have happened is that you opted to replace pre-existing tracks with their matching versions in the Apple Music catalog, to use these in iCloud Music Library. Features from the Apple Music subscription, including these replaced versions, will not be accessible after the subscription expires.

Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.