Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an I phone 8 that has black rectangle around icons it’s allowing settings to open but then can’t scroll have read about a voice over may be on but cannot scroll in settings to find what I need to do

I have an iPhone 8 that has black rectangles around icon that is chosen .i have read it may be something to do with voice over being on I can select settings but then once in settings I cannot scroll up or down screen freezes .this began when I tried to open my fit bit app and tried to sign in to fit bit my whole phone was effected what can I do to bring it back to normal

iPhone 8

Posted on Sep 13, 2019 3:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2019 11:39 PM

Try triple-clicking the home button and see if that turns it off, and if it does you can then change what a triple-click does via Settings > General > Accessibility > Accessibility Shortcut.

Or try using Siri to turn it off

Or you can turn it off by using a tap-to-select and then double-tap to activate/type process and 3 fingered scrolling to go into Settings > General > Accessibility and turn VoiceOver 'off'.

Or you can do it by connecting to your computer's iTunes (after typing in your passcode via the tap/double-tap process) : https://support.apple.com/kb/HT204390

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 13, 2019 11:39 PM in response to ceann_30S

Try triple-clicking the home button and see if that turns it off, and if it does you can then change what a triple-click does via Settings > General > Accessibility > Accessibility Shortcut.

Or try using Siri to turn it off

Or you can turn it off by using a tap-to-select and then double-tap to activate/type process and 3 fingered scrolling to go into Settings > General > Accessibility and turn VoiceOver 'off'.

Or you can do it by connecting to your computer's iTunes (after typing in your passcode via the tap/double-tap process) : https://support.apple.com/kb/HT204390

I have an I phone 8 that has black rectangle around icons it’s allowing settings to open but then can’t scroll have read about a voice over may be on but cannot scroll in settings to find what I need to do

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.