Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch & SiriusXM

Why has Apple not opened up the Apple Watch for third parties to stream content (outside of podcasts-> which I’m not sure are streaming anyways)?

Apple loves to respond with, “SiriusXM app has not developed an Apple Watch app.”

The truth is (and I’m a dentist and not programmer in any way shape or form) Apple won’t open up/unlock whatever they have to (I think it’s just a software-thing) to allow SiriusXM to stream content. It’s very frustrating. I run every day (775 days straight💪🏻) and I have an iPhone XS Max, which can get heavy in my pocket and really jostle around. I only listen to talk radio on SiriusXM when I run (I know I’m weird). It has been frustrating to PAY for LTE use on my Apple Watch just to (seemingly) get notifications, etc when I’m not around my watch... this is nice but what a difference it would be to truly free myself from my iPhone when I run!!

I’ve emailed TimApple, I mean Tim Cook... no response so far🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

For the most part, I’m very happy with my Apple Watch. I don’t care much about sleep tracking and what not but I can see those (health tracking) are interesting and I’d want them... but please Tim. Unlock the **** Apple Watch. If you’ve gotta improve battery performance to accommodate a stand-alone Apple Watch then get on it! You have less than a year to git ‘er duuuuun👍🏻

Apple Watch

Posted on Sep 15, 2019 8:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2019 2:52 PM

I hate to kill off all the emotion of your rant but Apple announced at the World Wide Developers Conference (WWDC) in June 2019 that they were opening up streaming on the Watch to 3rd party apps. The only one they mentioned that has committed to using it is Pandora and since they are now part of XMSirius I would say you are going to get your wish with watchOS 6. When they have the app is up to Pandora/XMSirius.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 15, 2019 2:52 PM in response to DVL59

I hate to kill off all the emotion of your rant but Apple announced at the World Wide Developers Conference (WWDC) in June 2019 that they were opening up streaming on the Watch to 3rd party apps. The only one they mentioned that has committed to using it is Pandora and since they are now part of XMSirius I would say you are going to get your wish with watchOS 6. When they have the app is up to Pandora/XMSirius.

Apple Watch & SiriusXM

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.