Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do not disturb

Hi.

I am hoping someone can provide clarity on the do not disturb function.

I have an iPhone X running ios 12.4.1

When I turn on do not disturb, incoming calls are sent straight to voicemail without ringing. I would have expected the call to come through and the phone will not ring and/or light up etc.

Which of these two, if either, is the correct behaviour for incoming calls when do not disturb is turned on?

Or is it network dependent? is there a setting which determines this?

Please assist.

Thanks.

iPhone X

Posted on Sep 16, 2019 7:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2019 7:57 AM

muhammadvawda wrote:

Hi.

I would have expected the call to come through and the phone will not ring and/or light up etc.

OK... And how do you know it didn't?

The call had to reach the phone in order for DND to send it to voicemail the way it does.

You don't see a missed call notification because the call wasn't missed. It was actively rejected and sent to voice mail by DND.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 16, 2019 7:57 AM in response to muhammadvawda

muhammadvawda wrote:

Hi.

I would have expected the call to come through and the phone will not ring and/or light up etc.

OK... And how do you know it didn't?

The call had to reach the phone in order for DND to send it to voicemail the way it does.

You don't see a missed call notification because the call wasn't missed. It was actively rejected and sent to voice mail by DND.

Do not disturb

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.