Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluish spots on my MacBook Pro 13" screen (Late 2016 Touch Bar model)

Hello all,

I have a MacBook Pro 13" touch bar late 2016 model. Lately I noticed that there were these light blue spots on my screen, especially noticed on a bright background.

Therefore, I am also tested in conditions with Red, Green and Blue individually as background. I found out it also appear on red and green background. I found out few people having same issue like this. Btw, I do use a screensaver. How could I find a solution and what should I do?

Same issue as below:

1.https://www.reddit.com/r/apple/comments/7pzykv/dark_areas_ghosting_appeared_on_macbook_pro_screen/

2.https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8304551

Thank you in advance!

Posted on Sep 18, 2019 3:45 AM

1 reply

Sep 18, 2019 4:08 PM in response to owenchen1984

Hey there owenchen1984,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand you have some concerns about your MacBook Pro display. I’ll be happy to help with this.

Based on the images, it’s possible this is hardware related and you may need to get your Mac in for service. Before doing that, there are a couple of steps you can take. 

First, create a Time Machine or other backup of your Mac so you don’t lose any personal data. This link can help:

How to back up your Mac

Once you have a backup in place, boot your Mac into recovery mode use the steps from the following link to reinstall macOS while keeping your files and user settings intact.

Reinstall macOS

If that doesn’t help, run an Apple Diagnostics and see if this reports any issues:

How to use Apple Diagnostics on your Mac

In both of these instances, see if the issue shows while in recovery mode or in the diagnostics screen. If so, you’ll want to reach out to Apple Support to look into your service options with you. You can use this link to reach out to them:

Contact Apple Support 

Best wishes.

Bluish spots on my MacBook Pro 13" screen (Late 2016 Touch Bar model)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.