Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What steps do I take to report phishing emails disguised to look like apple? I have tried forwarding the phishing email to reportphishing@apple.com and the email bounces back undeliverable.

Help! I have tried forwarding a phishing email to reportphishing@apple.com and it keeps bouncing back as undeliverable. Am I not supposed to forward the phishing email directly? I’ve read other steps on here, about going into mail/message/forward as an attachment. How do I forward an email as an attachment? Do I use cut and paste?

Posted on Sep 18, 2019 4:55 PM

8 replies

Sep 18, 2019 5:30 PM in response to Eric Root

Sadly, I have tried all that and have even just called Apple support. They have walked me through the process, but the email keeps being bounced back as “Your message wasn’t delivered because the recipient’s email provider rejected it.” It’s even being rejected from spam@uce.gov (the federal trade commission’s phishing reporting email) and reportphishing@apwg.org. I’ve verified that this email that I have received is a phishing scam with apple themselves. The apple csr just had me place the email into my junk bin. Thank you anyway for answering so quickly.

What steps do I take to report phishing emails disguised to look like apple? I have tried forwarding the phishing email to reportphishing@apple.com and the email bounces back undeliverable.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.