Is there a way to automatically display the real email adress for easier identification of phishing senders?

Hey there.

I am no beginner on the internet but just today clicked on a link in a phishing mail. The mail design was really on point. No spelling errors, nice design - really good to be honest. I was stopped by myself when I realized, that I don't want to insert credit card data :) So no damage - but I want to have a solution for this kind of lapse...

Now my question: Is there a way to automatically display the real e-mail adress and not (only) the "name"?

Thanks in advance!

Michael

iPhone 13 mini

Posted on Jun 13, 2023 11:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2023 12:09 PM

That is an excellent question, Michael. There is not a way to do this automatically but there IS a way to easily check who the mail is really from. In my example below, the mail appears to be from T-Mobile. Te see the full email address, tap the name. The example below shows what appears after I tap the name. The email is not from T-Mobile. These scammers are pretty tricky.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 13, 2023 12:09 PM in response to Michael_Fuerth

That is an excellent question, Michael. There is not a way to do this automatically but there IS a way to easily check who the mail is really from. In my example below, the mail appears to be from T-Mobile. Te see the full email address, tap the name. The example below shows what appears after I tap the name. The email is not from T-Mobile. These scammers are pretty tricky.

Is there a way to automatically display the real email adress for easier identification of phishing senders?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.