Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music offline playlist keeps deleting

I have a playlist in Apple Music which I keep downloaded on my iPhone for offline listening. However at random times my iPhone just deletes the whole playlist or a few songs so then I can’t listen to them without an internet connection. This sometimes happens numerous times a day. I have optimise storage turned off in Music settings so I don’t know why it’s doing this. It’s really frustrating since I’m paying for the service and yet I can’t use it. This has been happening for the past 3-4 months, I’ve had Apple Music for the past year and this never happened before that.

iPhone 6s

Posted on Sep 18, 2019 10:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2019 12:37 PM

Thanks for getting back to us with that information, Junaid6305. It's appreciated. I'd like for you to delete the Music application and restore it to make sure the app is working correctly.

Delete built-in Apple apps on your iOS 12 or later device or Apple Watch -- This article provides the information and steps that you need to delete the Music application and restore it again. Search in the App Store for “Music” and you should see “apple music” in the list. After you restore the Music app, you'll need to redownload any music you had previously downloaded.

Get back with the results when you're able.

Cheers!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 19, 2019 12:37 PM in response to Junaid6305

Thanks for getting back to us with that information, Junaid6305. It's appreciated. I'd like for you to delete the Music application and restore it to make sure the app is working correctly.

Delete built-in Apple apps on your iOS 12 or later device or Apple Watch -- This article provides the information and steps that you need to delete the Music application and restore it again. Search in the App Store for “Music” and you should see “apple music” in the list. After you restore the Music app, you'll need to redownload any music you had previously downloaded.

Get back with the results when you're able.

Cheers!

Sep 19, 2019 11:53 AM in response to Junaid6305

Hey, Junaid6305.

I see that the songs you've downloaded in a playlist to listen to while offline keeps disappearing from the Music application on your iPhone. I'm glad to help.

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch -- Make sure your iPhone has sufficient space to hold all of the music you want. Report back what you find please?

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch -- Restart your iPhone. Once it's returned to the Home screen, see if your downloaded music stays put.

Let me know how that goes, and take care!

Apple Music offline playlist keeps deleting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.