Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printer won't print double sided

So I've got a Canon D420 with all of the latest drivers installed onto my laptop (Macbook Pro Late-2012 with macOS Mojave, ver. 10.14.5), however my laptop doesn't give me the option to print double sided. I can print double sided with the same printer plugged into a Windows device, it's just my Macbook that's giving me this issue. I've already looked at the settings for the printer and in Settings>Printers And Scanners>Options and Supplies> Options, it doesn't give me a checkbox for duplex printing, which I am very sure it is capable of because it does print double sided when plugged into a Windows device.

Every other support thread I've seen just suggests driver update or checking duplex, but neither of those have worked for me. Anyone else have this issue?

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Sep 18, 2019 11:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2019 12:43 PM

Hi there, DarkZekrom,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities. If I understand your post, you're having trouble duplex printing from your Mac to a Canon D420 printer, even though it works without issue on a Windows computer. I'm happy to help!

The information outlined in Print documents from your Mac - Apple Support states that as long as the printer is capable of duplex printing, you should be able to print 2-sided from the Mac by choosing duplex or two-sided from the printer dialog. If you do not see that option in the dialog box, I'd recommend going through the "Reset the printing system" and "Remove printer drivers" sections of If you can't print from your Mac or iOS device - Apple Support. Then, re-add your printer: Add a printer on Mac - Apple Support and drivers: Printer and scanner drivers for Mac - Apple Support.

If the issue continues after that, please reach out to Canon directly for additional assistance: Canon U.S.A., Inc. | Contact Us by Phone.

Cheers.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 19, 2019 12:43 PM in response to DarkZekrom

Hi there, DarkZekrom,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities. If I understand your post, you're having trouble duplex printing from your Mac to a Canon D420 printer, even though it works without issue on a Windows computer. I'm happy to help!

The information outlined in Print documents from your Mac - Apple Support states that as long as the printer is capable of duplex printing, you should be able to print 2-sided from the Mac by choosing duplex or two-sided from the printer dialog. If you do not see that option in the dialog box, I'd recommend going through the "Reset the printing system" and "Remove printer drivers" sections of If you can't print from your Mac or iOS device - Apple Support. Then, re-add your printer: Add a printer on Mac - Apple Support and drivers: Printer and scanner drivers for Mac - Apple Support.

If the issue continues after that, please reach out to Canon directly for additional assistance: Canon U.S.A., Inc. | Contact Us by Phone.

Cheers.

Printer won't print double sided

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.