Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Once I upload songs, can I delete them from Mac to save space?

I have just signed on to ITunes Match and am uploading files to icloud. Can I safely delete them from MAC once the download to iCloud completes? Will my MAC have to be running for me to stream these to my other devices?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Sep 19, 2019 6:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2019 10:06 AM

You can, but it isn't necessarily a good idea. I would suggest at the very least you keep original copies of all of your media on an external drive before deleting the local download in your iTunes library. All too easy to remove the copy in the cloud and end up with nothing. Matched or uploaded content is streamed from Apple's servers when needed, the computer used to upload the content doesn't have to stay on.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 19, 2019 10:06 AM in response to Pianopaulie

You can, but it isn't necessarily a good idea. I would suggest at the very least you keep original copies of all of your media on an external drive before deleting the local download in your iTunes library. All too easy to remove the copy in the cloud and end up with nothing. Matched or uploaded content is streamed from Apple's servers when needed, the computer used to upload the content doesn't have to stay on.

tt2

Once I upload songs, can I delete them from Mac to save space?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.