Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

You are already a member of apple music

i can not play music in my device. It says you are already a member of apple music. Please help.

iPhone XS

Posted on Sep 19, 2019 11:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2019 2:56 AM

Sign out of your Apple ID, then sign in again:

• In Settings- Your Name- iTunes & App Store - Apple ID- Sign out, sign back in 
  • Close the music app and 
  • Restart your iOS device. (until the Apple logo appears)

And make sure after this you have sync library turned on 

• In settings - Music -turn on Sync Library and Turn on “Show Apple Music”

75 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 14, 2019 2:56 AM in response to dasunrsk

Sign out of your Apple ID, then sign in again:

• In Settings- Your Name- iTunes & App Store - Apple ID- Sign out, sign back in 
  • Close the music app and 
  • Restart your iOS device. (until the Apple logo appears)

And make sure after this you have sync library turned on 

• In settings - Music -turn on Sync Library and Turn on “Show Apple Music”

Sep 20, 2019 10:34 AM in response to dasunrsk

Hi dasunrsk,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you’re having trouble using Apple Music. I’m happy to help. 

If you’re receiving this message in error, I suggest signing out of, and then back into Apple Music.

You can do so by tapping Settings > iTunes & App Store > [Apple ID] > Sign Out. Once you’ve signed out, restart your device and sign back in. You’ll also want to make sure iCloud Music Library is enabled by tapping Settings > Music.

Keep in mind that this will remove any songs you’ve made available for offline play, and you’ll have to re-download them once you’ve signed back in.

If I’m misunderstanding your issue, please reply with additional details.

Take care.

Oct 28, 2019 2:04 PM in response to siheida

Just got it working on mine. Since I had been listening to Apple Music on the Apple Watch while it was updating to 13.2, I went back to listen to it on the watch since the phone wasn't working. Surprisingly I was able to do that. Then I wondered if the watch connection was somehow interfering with the phone connection to Apple Music.

I did a hard reboot on the watch and while it was offline I went back to my phone and tried Apple Music. Voila, it started working again without me having to log out of iCloud, etc. I also checked settings and it no longer had the "Join Apple Music" link.

Good luck, y'all.

Dec 3, 2019 8:49 AM in response to dasunrsk

I have tried a lot and it finally worked!

I opened the free trial in my mac and it said the same thing in my iphone. Then I signed out and turned off my phone. Switch to my mac and turned off the apple music. Then restarted my phone and signed in my apple music and it runs great now.

If you have the same trouble, you can try this way. Hope you can solve this problem.

Dec 25, 2019 5:48 AM in response to dasunrsk

I subscribe to apple music in my iphone and it worked fine. But I can't get it to work on my ipad. after some fiddling, I get apple music to work successfully.

1. I unsubscribe apple music in my ipad.
  2. resubscribe apple music on ipad.
  3. apple music asked me to transfer device to this apple id.
  4. click transfter.
  5. after that, every thing worked.

Both my iphone and ipad had belong to another apple id because I just changed my apple id recently. When I try to subscribe apple music on my iphone it asked me to transfer device. But when I use apple music on ipad it didn't asked me to transfter.

I'm guessing your apple device have to be transfered to your apple id to be able to use apple music. That said, maybe you could do the transfer in mac iTunes app instead of resubscribe like I did. Though I didn't verify that part.

Good luck!

Dec 14, 2019 2:29 AM in response to dasunrsk

If you’re still trying to fix it like I was for the past 7 hours, I decided to backup my iPhone and erase all content and setting and it seems to have worked. Obviously this shouldn’t have to be an option but after trying everything else this is the only solution that has worked for me. Hope it works for some of you too.

Dec 21, 2019 6:53 AM in response to dasunrsk

Hey! I was just having this issue too, and what worked for me without logging out of anything was going into Settings > Music, clicking “Join Apple Music” (even though I already have it) going through the two-factor authentication, and then Apple told me that I already had Apple Music (again) but then all my music started working. Hope this helps! I’m on the iPhone XR for reference.

Dec 24, 2019 2:22 PM in response to dasunrsk

i had this problem too. but , kudos i got the solution.

here is what i did and probably you should to

1- sign out your apple id from ITUNES & APPLE STORE (settings >> itunes & apple store >> click on your apple id >> sign out)

2 - go to the MUSIC, click on the BROWSE , click on TRY FREE MEMBERSHIP then click on ALREADY A MEMBER and sign in with your apple id.

TADA, problem solved!.

that message should not pop up again

Feb 6, 2020 1:57 PM in response to dasunrsk

I tried all of the above signing in and out. What worked for me in the end was simple: when you click ok on the pop up stating you're already a member in the app, nothing happens but when you open apple music in the browser you get the same pop up but when you click ok the magic happens. Now the music started playing again in the app.

Actually kind of interested in what glitch makes this problem happen. After hours of research and trying.

Mar 10, 2020 7:34 PM in response to dasunrsk

I was getting this same message. I tried bunch of different things such as closing app re opening, etc.. What finally worked for me was using Siri and asking her to “play music” this began a random Music app radio and brought me to page on app where began filling out username. Once I did that I could click on any song without the “you’re already a member” pop-up appearing. Hope this helps.

You are already a member of apple music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.