Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airport Utility not working on IOS 13

The Airport Utility just crashes on open after upgrading to IOS 13. Uninstall and reinstall no help. Anyone else been able to get it working? IF so what app version? Thanks

Posted on Sep 19, 2019 10:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2019 9:33 AM

Thanks for letting me know. Trying to track the problem down. Mine also works when not connected to wifi. Can I ask how many airport devices you have on the network? I have 10 and I I am wondering if it’s a layout problem.

110 replies

Sep 20, 2019 9:40 AM in response to Hamish-

I used to have six and am now down to just two. I have migrated to Ubiquiti UniFi hardware as Apple has gotten out of the networking hardware business.

The AirPort Utility relies on both Bonjour (mDNS) and IPv6 to discover the base stations. You may want to double-check your IPv6 settings on each of your base stations. They should be set to: IPv6 Link-local only mode as a minimum. I don't believe that you can adjust IPv6 settings on an iPhone. At least, I can't on my iPhone SE.

Sep 24, 2019 6:07 PM in response to Hamish-

I had exactly the same problem with my iPhone 11 Pro on iOS 13, Airport Utility would crash immediately after upon opening it.

I was able to work around that by doing the following:

• Open Airport Utility and look attentively at my collection of Airport Express for the half a second they show. It took a few tries to memorize their locations in the screen.

• Open Airport Express yet again and swiftly tap on the Airport Express of your choice.

• it will work and take you to its settings page. You can work there just as usual.

After doing this it is not crashing anymore upon opening it.

Sep 28, 2019 9:23 AM in response to Hamish-

Hi problem persist even after app deletion and reinstalled... with both devices iPhoneX and iPad both with latest iOS/iPadOS.

the only way to manage it is with MacBook Pro application otherwise I’m stucked.

please we need a workaround or solution since different person are still using Apple devices...

I have tried also to connect just 1 Apple time capsule and to connect to it but without success.

current network: 1 Apple express, 1 Apple time capsule, 1 Apple extreme for a total of 15 devices connected.

Airport Utility not working on IOS 13

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.