Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing pop3 email sent folder at IOS13

I just updated to IOS13 and now my sent folder POP3 email account disappeared. Now only showing and inbox and drafts folder. Anyone experiencing this problem? Any idea how to get it back? Hope Apple fix this quick as it’s obviously IOS13 issue!

iPhone 6s Plus

Posted on Sep 20, 2019 2:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2019 11:16 PM

I have the same problem. Also no trash folder which means I cannot undelete messages I deleted by mistake. I found a message that I deleted from my POP account in the 'All Bins' folder and tried to restore it. Not possible!! This is bad!!! Please fix this soon!

198 replies

Oct 7, 2019 10:21 PM in response to mikeyk1

People ending here I suggest to read the older messages in this thread regarding the POP3 issues in IOS13 (and 13.1, 13.1.1 and 13.1.2).

Summary of the PO3 mail issue:

• Sent folder is initially missing.
  • Waste bin is initially missing.
  • Concepts folder is initially missing.
  • After re-creating the POP3 account multiple times and / or sending and deleting e-mails, the Sent folder and Waste bin usually appear and work.
  • The Concept folder may appear but does not work (after saving a draft e-mail, the e-mail disappears and the Concept folder stays empty).

Also be aware that Apple does not read this forum.

Everyone facing the issue please report it to Apple Support your self to make them aware of the extent of the problem.

The Contact Support button is at the top-right corner of this web page:

Oct 18, 2019 6:38 AM in response to antonios77

antonios77

User level:

Level 1

(14 points)

Oct 18, 2019 6:28 AM in response to streaming

I understand what you say but trying to save one email with photo to draft dosent resolve any issue and is not different than to just save a draft, with or without photo...............

Sorry to hear it didn't work for you, but it did for me, and hopefully for some others who see it as well. Good luck.

Oct 18, 2019 6:44 AM in response to AmyRainbowGirl

AmyRainbowGirl

User level:

Level 1

(4 points)

Oct 18, 2019 6:27 AM in response to streaming

I tried the thing with the photo, and it did work, but only until I close the email application and re-opened it, then it was gone again. The other huge issue as far as I’m concerned is the fact that I have lost very important drafts and cannot figure out a way to get them back, even though I have already deleted the email app and reinstalled it, and done everything suggested here. The only thing I haven’t done is actually call my pop3 email provider which is EarthLink and see if they have any ideas.

The sent, drafts & trash folders are local folders (on the phone only, not the server) with POP3, so once you uninstalled the email app or delete a specific POP3 account on the phone, you lose all local folder data, unlike IMAP.

Oct 18, 2019 7:12 AM in response to AmyRainbowGirl

AmyRainbowGirl

User level:

Level 1

(4 points)

Oct 18, 2019 6:48 AM in response to streaming

Ok but the original deleting of the saved email drafts happened when the update was installed, so that was the original cause. It was a couple of days before I tried deleting the email off the phone and reinstalling it. So, I’m not all that computer savvy but aren’t the drafts saved in the cloud?

All POP3 does is download emails from the server to the client (iPhone, PC, etc.), and send emails (emails actually sent, not ones saved locally as drafts).

All local folders are just that--local to the client only--and don't exist in the cloud. I don't believe there's any way to recover your lost drafts.

IMAP does sync folders with the server, so they exist on the server, and any clients.

Sep 25, 2019 8:37 AM in response to mikeyk1

After the upgrade to IOS 13.0 POP3 e-mail is screwed on my iPhone 6S, the 13.1 update did not change the mail app behavior.

Similar as written in the thread:

• Inbox is there and functional.
  • Wastebin and Concepts folder appear and disappear, I can not determine what exactly makes them appear and disappear again.
  • New written e-mail that is only saved does never get actually saved in the Concept folder and seems to be lost.
  • After the upgrade to IOS 13.0 I have not seen the Sent folder anymore, sending e-mails does work though, no idea if and how they are stored on the phone.
  • The Wastebin only seems to appear after deleting an e-mail, after emptying the Wastebin, the Wastebin seems to disappear after a while.
  • Deleting and creating the pop3 account or rebooting the phone does not fix the issue.

This is really disappointing and frustrating, a very bad act of Apple for such a primary smart phone function.

Dec 12, 2019 12:26 PM in response to deeceeontario

This worked for me:

1. In Mail app on your iOS Device and using the affected POP account send yourself few emails (2-3 should be enough).
  2. Go to the Inbox of your affected POP account and refresh the list of emails to get those new emails. If emails are not received, you very likely have an issue with SMTP server settings and needs to fix issue sending emails first.
  3. Open one of received emails and tap on 'Trash' icon to delete it.
  4. Open another email message, then tap and hold on 'Trash' icon and this time choose to 'Archive Message' from the menu.
  5. Start new message; in the body of the new email message type in some random text, then tap 'Cancel' and choose 'Save Draft' from the menu.

If "Sent" folder is still missing, try to force quit the Mail app, then check again.

Jan 10, 2020 11:42 AM in response to Pokezoltan

Any luck if you try these steps:

1. In Mail app on your iOS Device and using the affected POP account send yourself few emails (2-3 should be enough).
  2. Go to the Inbox of your affected POP account and refresh the list of emails to get those new emails. If emails are not received, you very likely have an issue with SMTP server settings and needs to fix issue sending emails first.
  4. Open another email message, then tap and hold on 'Trash' icon and this time choose to 'Archive Message' from the menu.
  5. Start new message; in the body of the new email message type in some random text, then tap 'Cancel' and choose 'Save Draft' from the menu.

If "Sent" folder is still missing, try to force quit the Mail app, then check again.

Jan 29, 2020 1:47 PM in response to cbnetworks

Try these steps as few people already confirmed they could access Sent mailbox after doing it:

Mar 25, 2020 2:23 PM in response to garymbz

Any luck if you try these steps:

Nov 17, 2019 4:26 AM in response to mikeyk1

I had this problem too of a missing sent mail folder. I managed to fix it by somehow moving messages around my archive.

I just restored my iPhone to iOS 13.2.2 and then restored from iTunes backup of 13.2.2 made the same day. The missing sent mail folder came back to haunt me.

i just fixed it again by going to mail accounts and advanced. There I saw that my deleted messages go to trash so I temporarily changed to archive. Voila! Fixed. I changed the setting back and all seems good now.

Sep 25, 2019 2:27 AM in response to mikeyk1

I have tried all the suggestions but the only folder I can see now it's trash bin. No sent folder and draft are not saved. Tried to recreate the account and I spent sometime to send new emails and try everything. Any suggestions?

EDIT: I can see the Sent (All) folder but not the single folders under each POP3 account.

EDIT2: Strangely enough, after sending an email from a POP3 account the email sent goes into the All Sent folder. As soon as you close and reopen the mail app, the sent email is gone. Frustrating.

Missing pop3 email sent folder at IOS13

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.