Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I do not have a slider under my photos in portrait mode on my iphone XR

I can’t seem to find the slider under my portrait photo in the edit mode. I have an IPhone XR

iPhone XR

Posted on Sep 20, 2019 10:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2019 4:32 PM

Hi Looneysquirrel,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help with editing your Portait Mode photos. It sounds like you don't see any option.

Check out: Use Portrait mode on your iPhone and scroll to the section "Add Portrait Lighting". Do you see the options in real-time when taking a Portrait Mode photo?

Is this the way you are trying to edit after a picture is taken?

"You can also change the Portrait Lighting effect of any Portrait mode photo that you've already taken:

1. Open the Photos app, then select the Portrait mode photo that you want to change.
  2. Tap Edit. Lighting effects appear in the bottom part of the photo.
  3. Swipe the lighting effects to choose the one you want.
  4. Tap Done."

If you are following all steps correctly, try restarting your iPhone XR: Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. You could even try force closing the Camera app at the same time: How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

Let me know if that helps. If not, let me know more details including the iOS version your iPhone is running.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 21, 2019 4:32 PM in response to Looneysquirrel

Hi Looneysquirrel,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help with editing your Portait Mode photos. It sounds like you don't see any option.

Check out: Use Portrait mode on your iPhone and scroll to the section "Add Portrait Lighting". Do you see the options in real-time when taking a Portrait Mode photo?

Is this the way you are trying to edit after a picture is taken?

"You can also change the Portrait Lighting effect of any Portrait mode photo that you've already taken:

1. Open the Photos app, then select the Portrait mode photo that you want to change.
  2. Tap Edit. Lighting effects appear in the bottom part of the photo.
  3. Swipe the lighting effects to choose the one you want.
  4. Tap Done."

If you are following all steps correctly, try restarting your iPhone XR: Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. You could even try force closing the Camera app at the same time: How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

Let me know if that helps. If not, let me know more details including the iOS version your iPhone is running.

I do not have a slider under my photos in portrait mode on my iphone XR

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.