Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to share name and photo in iMessage - Apple ID / phone number issue

I am unable to share my name and photo in iMessage. I receive the following error, "Sharing Name and Photo is not available because multiple phone numbers are associated to your Apple ID." I have checked repeatedly via different devices and I only see one number associated to my account. What am I missing?

Posted on Sep 20, 2019 1:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2019 8:14 AM

I faced with the same error problem - It helps to switch off/on of iMsg/FaceTime

5 replies

Oct 1, 2019 12:40 PM in response to L_Rog

I was setting up a new iPhone today and had the same issue. I was able to resolve it as follows:

I logged in to my Apple ID on the web (via Eric's link, above). In the "Account" section, there's a subsection called "Reachable At". I had three items there: the phone number for my iPhone, the email address for my Apple ID, and a second email address that I'd added at some point. I clicked "Edit" and deleted the second email address. Once that was done, I could select Settings > Messages > Share Name and Photo without getting the "multiple phone numbers" error.

My hypothesis is that it's a poorly-worded error message. It may mean to say that you have multiple phone numbers and/or email addresses associated with your Apple ID, beyond your iPhone's phone number and your one Apple ID email.

Hope this helps.

-Ao

Unable to share name and photo in iMessage - Apple ID / phone number issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.