Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios 13 Mail swipe actions

I could swear there were more available swipe actions (delete? mark UNread?) in Mail prior to ios 13.

Weren't there? Shouldn't there be?

iPhone SE

Posted on Sep 20, 2019 5:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2019 12:09 PM

I have the same issue. Now it takes 3 steps to delete an email where it was just one swipe. Same with iMessage. I used to be able to swipe to delete the entire thread now it asks me 3 times before it will actually delete. Also missing the mass delete feature for message attachments. Surely Apple didn’t go backward on these features!

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 29, 2019 12:09 PM in response to Em.K

I have the same issue. Now it takes 3 steps to delete an email where it was just one swipe. Same with iMessage. I used to be able to swipe to delete the entire thread now it asks me 3 times before it will actually delete. Also missing the mass delete feature for message attachments. Surely Apple didn’t go backward on these features!

Sep 30, 2019 8:09 PM in response to askbarnabas

There is no swipe option to ‘delete’. I don’t want to ‘archive’. I used to be able to use “All Inboxes” to see iCloud & Gmail and I was able to delete as I read - no more. I have to double my efforts to look at each one. Plus, I have to be under Gmail “All Mail”, not just “Inbox”, to be able to delete.

When I finally CAN put something in the “Trash”, I can’t just “Select All” and empty the trash - I have to do each and every one with a separate swipe - - REALLY ?!?!

Y’all have done nothing but make things HARDER with this iOS 13 - and I really dislike/hate it !!

ios 13 Mail swipe actions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.