Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing music to iPhone 11

I backed up my iPhone 5s to the Macbook Pro and cloud before picking up my new iPhone. Got home and connected it to iTunes to sync to the data on the backup. I have 4500 songs shown in my iTunes library and they are not transferring to the new phone. All 4500 are on the old iPhone 5s and on my iPad pro, but they won't sync to the 11 Pro. I'm using a single USB/Lightening cable directly between the two devices. I've rebooted each several times to eliminate any errors. All music is under the same Apple ID.

What can I try next?

iPhone

Posted on Sep 20, 2019 6:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2019 3:19 PM

So after messing around for an hour or so I was finally able to fix this problem.

Open your iPhone

Open the setting app

Scroll down music

Turn sync library off

Open iTunes

In the top left menu bar you should see iTunes, select preferences (I have a Mac)

Go to general and uncheck iCloud Music Library

This fixed the issue for me and I was then able to sync all of my non Apple Music songs in my library. I'm assuming after they sync you can turn these back on.

-Mitch

18 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2019 3:19 PM in response to VikingRC2

So after messing around for an hour or so I was finally able to fix this problem.

Open your iPhone

Open the setting app

Scroll down music

Turn sync library off

Open iTunes

In the top left menu bar you should see iTunes, select preferences (I have a Mac)

Go to general and uncheck iCloud Music Library

This fixed the issue for me and I was then able to sync all of my non Apple Music songs in my library. I'm assuming after they sync you can turn these back on.

-Mitch

Feb 17, 2020 8:20 AM in response to cvallent

Similar problems re iPhone11:

I have MacBook running High Sierra 10.13.6 and recently I bought phone11 running 13.3.1.

I can't do the following:

1. When I connect my phone11 to my Mac using their cable, iTunes 12.8.2.3 does not recognize my phone11. I called Apple Care and spent 1.5h there with all suggestions they made being unsuccessful
  2. Because of the above I can't transfer any music from my Mac to my phone11
  3. I can't add any song to the phone11 music library
  4. When I set the alarm, I want to "pick a song" but it does not work - again, Apple care was not helpful

Oct 19, 2019 2:03 PM in response to Mitchscoggins

Turn sync Library also was not an option - reading some of the other threads i changed the cable - this came in a pack supplied by Telstra when purchasing the iPhone11 Pro called Premium Silver Gala Universal Wireless Essentials - this included a USB to Lightning connector. Changed to this cable and all ok - all my music library copied access to the phone - result!

Jan 8, 2020 4:30 PM in response to VikingRC2

After doing some Googling and trying to fix this issue for a while, I found a solution that may be helpful. I also did not have the option to toggle off the sync music library option, nor does my old MacBook have the port for the iPhone 11 charger.

I had to go into Finder (where my phone was not listed until I clicked on Show next to Location), which is where I had to allow permission for "trust" between my iPhone and MacBook. Once they are connected, the phone should show up in iTunes. Hope this helps!

Feb 29, 2020 7:49 AM in response to tmuldner

I know this is an old post - anyone find a solution? I've trusted my iPhone. I have the latest I tunes. There's no sync option on my iPhone Pro 11, no I cloud, no library option as shown above. And no turning on or off iCloud music in Itunes/Preferences/General.

What a bunch of nonsense. This is all so Apple Music can make some $$ and hijack your music in the meantime.

Syncing music to iPhone 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.