Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Keychain will not sync down to macOS

Late 2009 iMac, macOS High Sierra 10.13.6

As of roughly 1 month ago, my Mac no longer seems to correctly pull passwords and saved information from my keychain down from iCloud. This first became apparent when after some system update (sadly I did not document which one), Safari no longer showed any stored passwords. All passwords saved/updated on my iMac are indeed seen by my other iCloud connected devices (iPhone 6s, iPhone 8, last year's low end iPad); however passwords saved/updated on those devices are not seen on the iMac. Also, my iCloud keychain in Keychain Access does not appear to pull down from iCloud, but this is less clear to me.

Is anyone aware of a fix for this? This issue has prompted me to explore Keychain Access in more depth than I have before, and I'm wondering if there is something I can blow out there (or in a backend directory) that will retrigger the correct syncing process between my iMac and iCloud. Any thoughts?

(Before anyone asks, I am aware my 2009 iMac is no longer supported by Apple.)

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Sep 21, 2019 8:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2019 12:14 PM

See if anything here helps.

Frequently asked questions about iCloud Keychain - Apple Support

Everything you need to know about iCloud Keychain - iMore

An essential Mac OS X Keychain guide - Computerworld

Similar questions

3 replies

Sep 21, 2019 1:23 PM in response to Eric Root

I've looked over those sites multiple times. There is a lot of information about issues with information not syncing up to iCloud, but little if anything about how to resolve macOS (or even iOS) not syncing/pulling data down correctly. But because I'm at wits end on this, I'll take another look, it can't hurt.

While I appreciate the effort, I am looking for particular advice or suggestions, rather than a blast of general websites to search through. But again, thank you for trying to help. :)

iCloud Keychain will not sync down to macOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.