Announcement: Upgrade to macOS Catalina

Experience dedicated apps for music, TV, and podcasts, plus smart new features like Sidecar. Learn how to upgrade >

Question:

Question: how to downgrade from safari 13 to 12??

the new safari blotched all my fav sites! is there a way to downgrade?

iMac Pro

Posted on

Sep 22, 2019 10:52 AM in response to dmwickett In response to dmwickett

Yes, you're right, I thought you were the OP on this thread. If you decide to troubleshoot Safari 13 instead, have a look here:

Browsers Protection for Safari and Adbloc… - Apple Community

If that doesn't help then I'd suggest creating your own post. You'll get more attention that way and it will be Safari specific.

Sep 22, 2019 10:52 AM

Reply Helpful

Sep 22, 2019 10:56 AM in response to dmwickett In response to dmwickett

You can't do a selective restore for that. If you do decide to restore you could make a copy of the files that have been overwritten and then copy them back after the TM Restore. I'd assume that TM would also keep the update from today, so you might be able to restore from that.

Sep 22, 2019 10:56 AM

Reply Helpful

Sep 23, 2019 10:49 AM in response to AxeBox360 In response to AxeBox360

so I've had it with Apple for good. There you set up the browser the way you want to use it, and then Apple shoots the extensions in the browser with an update. I will shoot down Safari and use Firefox from now on. I need the Mac to work. I don't want to constantly have to deal with the operating system like a Microsoft user or Linux freak.

Sep 23, 2019 10:49 AM

Reply Helpful (3)

Sep 23, 2019 10:54 AM in response to Anubisfox In response to Anubisfox

Same here, Safari13 broke the ability of adding Google accounts to `System Preferences > Internet Accounts`, therefore leaving me without Google Mail, Calendar & Contacts.

Reverting to an older Time Machine backup means I will be loosing 15 days of data, which is a significant loss.

Having the ability to revert to an older version, at least as a dev. would do no harm.

Sep 23, 2019 10:54 AM

Reply Helpful (2)
User profile for user: Anubisfox

Question: how to downgrade from safari 13 to 12??