Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar complication not working with watchOS 6 update

After updating my iPhone XS to iOS 13 and my apple watch 4 to watchOS 6, the calendar complication on my watch faces does not show any upcoming events. When I tap the complication, it launches the calendar app on my watch and I can see all of my upcoming events for the day just fine. This used to work before the update, but not now.

If have tried restarting both devices and it still doesn’t work. I have tried unpairing and re-pairing my watch and it still doesn’t work. I have messed with all the settings in the calendar app and I have tried changing the complication to something else and the changing it back, still doesn’t work.

Anyone else experiencing this issue? Anyone solved this issue?

Thanks!

Apple Watch

Posted on Sep 21, 2019 10:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2019 6:24 AM

Like others, I grow weary of this being one of the main issues I battle constantly on the apple watch. Since day one the watch has displayed 2-3 of the same invite on my calendar. The seems to have stopped recently and then this latest update cause the complication to stop working. But hey, we got a calculator out of the update (which should have been on this thing all along). OK rant over.

I did this to fix mine:

1. On the iPhone go to setting > Passwords and Accounts > then for each account with a calendar, I turned them off. I originally only did this with my work calendar as my Google calendar does not have much on it. I fought with if for a while until I turned off all calendars.
  2. Next I turned the watch off and back on again.
  3. Then under the watch app > General > Reset > I performed "Reset Sync Data" while the calendars were still off. My thinking here was that it might sync a blank slate to the watch.
  4. Next I went back to Passwords and Accounts and enabled the calendars again.
  5. Now wait for everything to sync.

At this point the complication was showing correctly and the calendars were correct. I added a test event about 30 minutes out in the future and the complication updated. Hope this helps someone else and I hope it stays fixed (my guess based on experience is that it will break again at some point)

I miss my Pebble watch. Worked perfectly all the time and did every thing I needed.

101 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2019 6:24 AM in response to jathon0815

Like others, I grow weary of this being one of the main issues I battle constantly on the apple watch. Since day one the watch has displayed 2-3 of the same invite on my calendar. The seems to have stopped recently and then this latest update cause the complication to stop working. But hey, we got a calculator out of the update (which should have been on this thing all along). OK rant over.

I did this to fix mine:

1. On the iPhone go to setting > Passwords and Accounts > then for each account with a calendar, I turned them off. I originally only did this with my work calendar as my Google calendar does not have much on it. I fought with if for a while until I turned off all calendars.
  2. Next I turned the watch off and back on again.
  3. Then under the watch app > General > Reset > I performed "Reset Sync Data" while the calendars were still off. My thinking here was that it might sync a blank slate to the watch.
  4. Next I went back to Passwords and Accounts and enabled the calendars again.
  5. Now wait for everything to sync.

At this point the complication was showing correctly and the calendars were correct. I added a test event about 30 minutes out in the future and the complication updated. Hope this helps someone else and I hope it stays fixed (my guess based on experience is that it will break again at some point)

I miss my Pebble watch. Worked perfectly all the time and did every thing I needed.

Sep 30, 2019 10:21 AM in response to jathon0815

Seems like Apple just released watchOS 6.0.1, and it fixes this calendar issue...

watchOS 6.0.1 optimizes performance, provides security updates, and contains improvements and bug fixes, including:

Resolves an issue where the Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse watch face does not speak time

Addresses an issue where the calendar complication may not display events

Fixes a bug that could result in a loss of display calibration data

For information on the security content of Apple software updates, please visit this website:

https://support.apple.com/kb/HT201222

Sep 23, 2019 11:10 AM in response to jathon0815

Same here. I have iPhone X (iOS13.0) and Apple Watch S4 (WatchOS 6.0). Reached out to Apple Online support today and did some troubleshooting. We tried all the tricks, turn device on/off, reset sync data, unpair and pair apple watch again and none seemed to be working... This issue just happened right after updating both devices to the latest software.

In an last effort, Apple support suggested me to look under my phone Settings > Profile or Device Management. I did see Device Management as I use my personal phone to access work related information (email, calendar, etc). I removed Device Management (Uninstalled MobileIron - the app that my company uses to gain access to work related info). Magically, Calendar complication started working again and is showing all my personal calendar events..(it was mix of personal calendar events and company meetings before and it would not display anything..) I then installed MobileIron back and activated Device Management again, and calendar complication stopped working again... So it does seem like a compatibility issue between iOS13, WatchOS6, and the UEM supplier that I use, at least in my case.

Hope Apple can provide a solution soon :)

Hunter

Sep 24, 2019 10:30 PM in response to Eginko

Everything appears to be back to normal in iOS 13.1 after going into Settings -> Passwords & Accounts -> turning your calendars off and back on in all accounts. Give this a try and it should work.

I use iCloud for my personal calendar and g-suite for my work calendar (MDM). The calendar complication is now working normally again. Hopefully it doesn’t revert back. It was driving me nuts!

Sep 23, 2019 4:03 AM in response to jathon0815

I am having the same issue. I first tried the “Reset sync data” tool in the Watch application. I also tried changing the complication and the face and then changing it back. Lastly, I reset the Apple Watch 4 and the iPhone X. none of these worked.

The complication still shows “No more events.” When I press the complication, it shows everything on the iPhone X.

As this complication is a big part of my user experience, it is a bit frustrating. I can live without the UV Index application and Decibel sensor, but not the quick glance afforded to me by the calendar complication.

Sep 23, 2019 1:27 PM in response to jathon0815

Thanks! This fits my case too. I do have a profile installed (happens to be through MobileIron but I doubt that matters) to access work email and calendars. Like you it is not only the work calendar that doesn’t show up in complications but everything including my personal calendars. In the watch calendar app, all work and personal calendars show up w/no problems.

This seems like a fairly impactful and embarrassing bug for Apple. Hoping to see a fix soon as this is one of the main useful features of the Apple Watch for me. Currently my Series 5 chained to OS 6 feels like a weird half-upgrade/half-downgrade.

Sep 24, 2019 5:55 AM in response to jathon0815

Good news/bad news: It’s not actually MobileIron that’s the problem, but the company Device Management. Therefore, here’s a temporary workaround: delete device management and restart Apple Watch. This will fix issue. Then re-install device management from Mobile Iron (which you do not need to delete). You’ll notice that the Apple Watch still works. However, this is likely a temporary solution, and restarting Apple Watch or resyncing data will likely break the complication again.

Sep 24, 2019 9:25 AM in response to jathon0815

Why is the advice to restart the Watch marked as "most helpful" when it does not actually fix the issue for anyone in this thread?

Guys, if you cannot confirm that a fix actually works don't post it here. You're wasting people's time.

Secondly - I can also confirm that removing a MDM profile and re-adding the profile does not fix the issue - it is persistent. This is directly related to something that happens in Watch OS6 and is not related to phone or watch hardware as neither of those have changed in my case yet the complications were working just fine on my Series 3 watch prior to Watch OS update.

Calendar complication not working with watchOS 6 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.