Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 will not charge on wireless charging

Recently got 2 iPhone 11 for my daughters, also bought a Mophie dual wireless charging pad , one of them will not do wireless charging, any one has any idea why or it is something wrong with the phone.

Thank you for your answer.

Vanit

Posted on Sep 22, 2019 8:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2019 8:57 AM

Is the phone by any chance in a case with metal on the back of the case? If it is the case would be interfering with wireless charging. If it is not cased and it won't charge wireless, take it back to Apple for evaluation.

44 replies

Oct 26, 2019 1:27 PM in response to vanit209

I just got the 11 pro max, I’m new to apple by the way, it charge on my wireless charger just perfect for the 1st week then 3 days ago it fully stopped. I have 2 different brands and it doesn’t recognize either with or without my case. I have an all rubber case by speck. Is there not somewhere in the settings to turn wireless charging on/off like with android? So frustrating, makes me want to ship this apple back before the 14 days are up

Dec 26, 2019 9:29 AM in response to vanit209

My iPhone 11 charges wirelessly but I have to move it around in different positions and pick it up and put it back down repeatedly until it starts to work. Really frustrating because I can put my wife’s iPhone 10s on the charger and it instantly begins to charge. This randomly started after about a week of charging without issue.

Jan 15, 2020 8:18 AM in response to vanit209

Hello,

I’m new to the Apple support community, however I have owned dozens of Apple IPhones over the years. I bought my son a iPhone 11 recently, and we had the same problem with the iPhone not charging wirelessly. I purchased the new Mophie Dual Wireless Charger, and his iPhone still wouldn’t wirelessly charge. I tried several high quality 10watt QI wireless chargers, and nothing worked.

So, when I was shopping the accessories isle at my local Best Buy, I noticed an Insignia 10watt QI wireless charger for $19.99. As a last “Hail Mary”, I bought it and brought it home. After unpacking it and setting it up, I set my son’s iPhone 11 down on this wireless charger, AND IT WORKED!!! I tried my iPhone 11 Pro Max and had no problems either. We waited a day to see if it still worked the next day, and it still does!!!

Best Buy- Insignia 10watt QI wireless charger

I hope this solution works for other as Apple Support had zero solutions for me prior.

iPhone 11 will not charge on wireless charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.