Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Uploading to iCloud Paused

Anytime I am in the messages app on the message list, I get this message: “Uploading to iCloud Paused - Plug in your device and connect to WiFi”

I plug in my phone and then the message goes away, but comes back as soon as I unplug it. I also have left it plugged in and connected to WiFi all night with no success.

This a new phone currently on iOS 13. Any thoughts?

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Sep 22, 2019 2:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2019 1:23 PM

Hi fromsunset,

It sounds like you're having trouble with iCloud upload being paused, and I want to help.

It's normal for this to pause when you're in Low Power mode or when your iPhone is away from Wi-Fi. When you look in Settings > Photos, do you see the number of Photos being uploaded change?

Let me know if you see progress.

You can also try updating your iPhone to the latest iOS13.1:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Good luck!

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2019 1:23 PM in response to fromsunset

Hi fromsunset,

It sounds like you're having trouble with iCloud upload being paused, and I want to help.

It's normal for this to pause when you're in Low Power mode or when your iPhone is away from Wi-Fi. When you look in Settings > Photos, do you see the number of Photos being uploaded change?

Let me know if you see progress.

You can also try updating your iPhone to the latest iOS13.1:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Good luck!

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

Uploading to iCloud Paused

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.